Randy Pitchford says the Wii U gamepad is perfect for hardcore gaming
Randy Pitchford seems to be quite enthralled at the potential that the Wii U's new gamepad has.
Now that Borderlands 2 is out of the way, the Gearbox boss has been gushing about his experiences with the Wii U pad while overseeing the development of Aliens: Colonial Marines.
He said, "This is the best controller Nintendo's ever made for making an FPS. This is the best controller Nintendo has ever given us for playing hardcore games."
Pitchford also waxed lyrical about the potential of the second screen for gaming and how the Wii U is more committed to this than SmartGlass on the 360 or PS3 and Vita Cross-Play.
He added, "With the Wii U, [Nintendo] committed themselves to this promise. So the link is direct, fast, and immediate. Things like SmartGlass and Vita, they appreciate the value of the promise so they're making the promise. But they're not in with such commitment."
Aliens: Colonial Marines will debut on PS3, 360 and PC on February the 12th with the Wii U version promised to arrive before the end of March.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below