Randy Pitchford says the Wii U gamepad is perfect for hardcore gaming
Randy Pitchford seems to be quite enthralled at the potential that the Wii U's new gamepad has.
Now that Borderlands 2 is out of the way, the Gearbox boss has been gushing about his experiences with the Wii U pad while overseeing the development of Aliens: Colonial Marines.
He said, "This is the best controller Nintendo's ever made for making an FPS. This is the best controller Nintendo has ever given us for playing hardcore games."
Pitchford also waxed lyrical about the potential of the second screen for gaming and how the Wii U is more committed to this than SmartGlass on the 360 or PS3 and Vita Cross-Play.
He added, "With the Wii U, [Nintendo] committed themselves to this promise. So the link is direct, fast, and immediate. Things like SmartGlass and Vita, they appreciate the value of the promise so they're making the promise. But they're not in with such commitment."
Aliens: Colonial Marines will debut on PS3, 360 and PC on February the 12th with the Wii U version promised to arrive before the end of March.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent