Randy Pitchford says the Wii U gamepad is perfect for hardcore gaming
Randy Pitchford seems to be quite enthralled at the potential that the Wii U's new gamepad has.
Now that Borderlands 2 is out of the way, the Gearbox boss has been gushing about his experiences with the Wii U pad while overseeing the development of Aliens: Colonial Marines.
He said, "This is the best controller Nintendo's ever made for making an FPS. This is the best controller Nintendo has ever given us for playing hardcore games."
Pitchford also waxed lyrical about the potential of the second screen for gaming and how the Wii U is more committed to this than SmartGlass on the 360 or PS3 and Vita Cross-Play.
He added, "With the Wii U, [Nintendo] committed themselves to this promise. So the link is direct, fast, and immediate. Things like SmartGlass and Vita, they appreciate the value of the promise so they're making the promise. But they're not in with such commitment."
Aliens: Colonial Marines will debut on PS3, 360 and PC on February the 12th with the Wii U version promised to arrive before the end of March.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine