Hawken secures 18 million USD more funding
Meteor Entertainment, the publisher of Adhesive Games' new free-to-play mech combat game Hawken has announced that they have secured a further 18 million USD of funding.
This new round of funding takes the overall funding so far for Hawken up to 28.5 million USD, enough to rival many triple-A retail titles.
Hawken has already been attracting a fair bit of positive attention, not only because of its striking triple-A level visuals but because it is aiming to provide a far faster multiplayer experience than any mech game has ever done before.
Adhesive Games are running closed beta sessions for Hawken throughout November and you can sign up for the chance to take part at Hawken's official website and is due to launch fully on December the 12th.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer