Hawken secures 18 million USD more funding
Meteor Entertainment, the publisher of Adhesive Games' new free-to-play mech combat game Hawken has announced that they have secured a further 18 million USD of funding.
This new round of funding takes the overall funding so far for Hawken up to 28.5 million USD, enough to rival many triple-A retail titles.
Hawken has already been attracting a fair bit of positive attention, not only because of its striking triple-A level visuals but because it is aiming to provide a far faster multiplayer experience than any mech game has ever done before.
Adhesive Games are running closed beta sessions for Hawken throughout November and you can sign up for the chance to take part at Hawken's official website and is due to launch fully on December the 12th.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release