Valve recruiting beta testers for Steam on Linux
Valve is now looking for people to test their upcoming Steam client for Linux.
Anyone on Steam can apply to take part in the beta test as long as they have a PC running the latest version of the Linux-based OS Ubuntu.
The current test will probably just include the basic client and the debut title Left 4 Dead 2 but there are not many details other than that.
Bringing Steam to Linux is Valve's reaction to Gabe Newell's concerns over Microsoft's attempts to close off the PC as a platform with Windows 8 which came out on on the 26th of October.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree