Valve recruiting beta testers for Steam on Linux
Valve is now looking for people to test their upcoming Steam client for Linux.
Anyone on Steam can apply to take part in the beta test as long as they have a PC running the latest version of the Linux-based OS Ubuntu.
The current test will probably just include the basic client and the debut title Left 4 Dead 2 but there are not many details other than that.
Bringing Steam to Linux is Valve's reaction to Gabe Newell's concerns over Microsoft's attempts to close off the PC as a platform with Windows 8 which came out on on the 26th of October.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey