Valve recruiting beta testers for Steam on Linux
Valve is now looking for people to test their upcoming Steam client for Linux.
Anyone on Steam can apply to take part in the beta test as long as they have a PC running the latest version of the Linux-based OS Ubuntu.
The current test will probably just include the basic client and the debut title Left 4 Dead 2 but there are not many details other than that.
Bringing Steam to Linux is Valve's reaction to Gabe Newell's concerns over Microsoft's attempts to close off the PC as a platform with Windows 8 which came out on on the 26th of October.
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday