Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
Atari has announced the third revival of the original survival horror series Alone In The Dark with Alone In The Dark: Illumination.
The new game is a reboot of the series which last appeared back in 2008 with a brave console outing that was widely regarded as the best worst game that year.
Illumination will depart from the series trademark third-person perspective from odd camera angles and move to a first-person perspective instead. It will also offer up to four-player co-op gameplay which is a big risk in horror gaming.
Alone In The Dark: Illumination will arrive on the PC later on in the autumn.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side