Scotland gets a new developer in Beartrap Games
Out of the ashes of Cohort Games comes a new Scottish development studio that plans to take on the world.
Beartrap Games is an ambitious new studio that is aiming to make a "major contribution" to the Scottish games industry.
The studio's creative director, Fin McGechie added, "Our new company also aims to prove itself as a reliable and trusted partner for joint development projects and welcomes all approaches."
Commercoal director, Grant Alexander said, "This is a very exciting time for the new company. Although it is very early days, we have been overwhelmed by the support given by individuals from both the Games Industry and Public Bodies. As well as developing our own IP and concepts, we are focused on finding projects and partners to work with. We are in a great position to be able to grow quickly and can consider a project of any size."
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online