Scotland gets a new developer in Beartrap Games
Out of the ashes of Cohort Games comes a new Scottish development studio that plans to take on the world.
Beartrap Games is an ambitious new studio that is aiming to make a "major contribution" to the Scottish games industry.
The studio's creative director, Fin McGechie added, "Our new company also aims to prove itself as a reliable and trusted partner for joint development projects and welcomes all approaches."
Commercoal director, Grant Alexander said, "This is a very exciting time for the new company. Although it is very early days, we have been overwhelmed by the support given by individuals from both the Games Industry and Public Bodies. As well as developing our own IP and concepts, we are focused on finding projects and partners to work with. We are in a great position to be able to grow quickly and can consider a project of any size."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer