Scotland gets a new developer in Beartrap Games
Out of the ashes of Cohort Games comes a new Scottish development studio that plans to take on the world.
Beartrap Games is an ambitious new studio that is aiming to make a "major contribution" to the Scottish games industry.
The studio's creative director, Fin McGechie added, "Our new company also aims to prove itself as a reliable and trusted partner for joint development projects and welcomes all approaches."
Commercoal director, Grant Alexander said, "This is a very exciting time for the new company. Although it is very early days, we have been overwhelmed by the support given by individuals from both the Games Industry and Public Bodies. As well as developing our own IP and concepts, we are focused on finding projects and partners to work with. We are in a great position to be able to grow quickly and can consider a project of any size."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title