Scotland gets a new developer in Beartrap Games
Out of the ashes of Cohort Games comes a new Scottish development studio that plans to take on the world.
Beartrap Games is an ambitious new studio that is aiming to make a "major contribution" to the Scottish games industry.
The studio's creative director, Fin McGechie added, "Our new company also aims to prove itself as a reliable and trusted partner for joint development projects and welcomes all approaches."
Commercoal director, Grant Alexander said, "This is a very exciting time for the new company. Although it is very early days, we have been overwhelmed by the support given by individuals from both the Games Industry and Public Bodies. As well as developing our own IP and concepts, we are focused on finding projects and partners to work with. We are in a great position to be able to grow quickly and can consider a project of any size."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3