Minecraft pushes Modern Warfare 3 off the top of the most played games list on Xbox Live
For the first time this year Modern Warfare 3 has been unseated from the number one position as the most played game on Xbox Live.
Major Nelson's top ten games played on Xbox Live is measured by the number of unique users logged in to Xbox Live and the list has been dominated by Call Of Duty games for the last few years.
Now it has been replaced, not by a triple-A title but by an XBLA game and what better title to do it than Minecraft.
Congratulations are due to Mojang and to 4J Games for doing such a good job of the 360 version of Minecraft. This has been the first time that MW3 has not been in the number one spot since it replaced Black Ops upon its release in November of last year.
Thanks Major Nelson.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer