Minecraft pushes Modern Warfare 3 off the top of the most played games list on Xbox Live
For the first time this year Modern Warfare 3 has been unseated from the number one position as the most played game on Xbox Live.
Major Nelson's top ten games played on Xbox Live is measured by the number of unique users logged in to Xbox Live and the list has been dominated by Call Of Duty games for the last few years.
Now it has been replaced, not by a triple-A title but by an XBLA game and what better title to do it than Minecraft.
Congratulations are due to Mojang and to 4J Games for doing such a good job of the 360 version of Minecraft. This has been the first time that MW3 has not been in the number one spot since it replaced Black Ops upon its release in November of last year.
Thanks Major Nelson.
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer