Korea to get a Civilization MMO
2K Games has commissioned the Korean developer XLGames to produce a massively multiplayer version of Sid Meier's Civilization.
Currently titled Civilization Online (unsurprisingly) XLGames has set about developing the game with support and guidance from the series developer Firaxis.
No business model has been confirmed for Civ Online as yet but 2K's previous online ventures in the Far East such as NBA 2K Online and NBA 2K All-Stars are both free-to-play.
This is the final frontier for the Civilization series to explore after hitting consoles and mobiles with Civilization Revolution in 2008 and going social with Civilization World on Facebook in 2011.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today