Korea to get a Civilization MMO
2K Games has commissioned the Korean developer XLGames to produce a massively multiplayer version of Sid Meier's Civilization.
Currently titled Civilization Online (unsurprisingly) XLGames has set about developing the game with support and guidance from the series developer Firaxis.
No business model has been confirmed for Civ Online as yet but 2K's previous online ventures in the Far East such as NBA 2K Online and NBA 2K All-Stars are both free-to-play.
This is the final frontier for the Civilization series to explore after hitting consoles and mobiles with Civilization Revolution in 2008 and going social with Civilization World on Facebook in 2011.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title