Korea to get a Civilization MMO
2K Games has commissioned the Korean developer XLGames to produce a massively multiplayer version of Sid Meier's Civilization.
Currently titled Civilization Online (unsurprisingly) XLGames has set about developing the game with support and guidance from the series developer Firaxis.
No business model has been confirmed for Civ Online as yet but 2K's previous online ventures in the Far East such as NBA 2K Online and NBA 2K All-Stars are both free-to-play.
This is the final frontier for the Civilization series to explore after hitting consoles and mobiles with Civilization Revolution in 2008 and going social with Civilization World on Facebook in 2011.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3