Korea to get a Civilization MMO
2K Games has commissioned the Korean developer XLGames to produce a massively multiplayer version of Sid Meier's Civilization.
Currently titled Civilization Online (unsurprisingly) XLGames has set about developing the game with support and guidance from the series developer Firaxis.
No business model has been confirmed for Civ Online as yet but 2K's previous online ventures in the Far East such as NBA 2K Online and NBA 2K All-Stars are both free-to-play.
This is the final frontier for the Civilization series to explore after hitting consoles and mobiles with Civilization Revolution in 2008 and going social with Civilization World on Facebook in 2011.
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year