Korea to get a Civilization MMO
2K Games has commissioned the Korean developer XLGames to produce a massively multiplayer version of Sid Meier's Civilization.
Currently titled Civilization Online (unsurprisingly) XLGames has set about developing the game with support and guidance from the series developer Firaxis.
No business model has been confirmed for Civ Online as yet but 2K's previous online ventures in the Far East such as NBA 2K Online and NBA 2K All-Stars are both free-to-play.
This is the final frontier for the Civilization series to explore after hitting consoles and mobiles with Civilization Revolution in 2008 and going social with Civilization World on Facebook in 2011.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year