Microsoft details the new War Games Map Pass for Halo 4
Microsoft has announced details of the multiplayer downloadable content that they will be releasing for Halo 4.
There will be three full-on multiplayer map packs each with three maps included arriving for Halo 4. As well as being available individually they will all be available together with the discounted rate War Games Map Pass (that's a Season Pass to you and me).
The Crimson Map Pack due in December will include the open, vehicle focused Harvest, Shatter which is set on an alien moon and Wreckage which features a combination of tight spaces and dangerous exposures.
Next is the Majestic expected to be ready in February. This adds Landfall and infantry map set against a glimmering ocean, the space-based Monolith map and the industrially themed Skyline map.
The last to be detailed is the Castle Map Pack which is shooting for an April release. This includes Daybreak, a map set in a remote mountain facility, Outcast set in the midst of alien architecture and Perdition a tactically focused urban map.
Anyone buying the War Games Map Pass will also get the exclusive Scanner and Strider helmets and a unique Falcon in-game emblem.
Halo 4 itself hits shelves on November the 6th.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though