Star Citizen cruises to its Kickstarter target
Star Citizen has become the latest darling of crowd-funded video games by cruising to its 500,000 USD target with 26 days to spare.
The game's creator was initially sceptical of using Kickstarter to fund Star Citizen but when the game's own crowd-funding site was crushed under the weight of demand Roberts sought the sturdy infrastructure of Kickstarter to get things going again.
On Kickstarter alone, Star Citizen has attracted 11,000 backers contributing to the tune of 517,336 USD with most of its time still to run.
It has also attracted 1.3 million USD worth of backing on its own website Roberts Space Industries.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode