Star Citizen cruises to its Kickstarter target
Star Citizen has become the latest darling of crowd-funded video games by cruising to its 500,000 USD target with 26 days to spare.
The game's creator was initially sceptical of using Kickstarter to fund Star Citizen but when the game's own crowd-funding site was crushed under the weight of demand Roberts sought the sturdy infrastructure of Kickstarter to get things going again.
On Kickstarter alone, Star Citizen has attracted 11,000 backers contributing to the tune of 517,336 USD with most of its time still to run.
It has also attracted 1.3 million USD worth of backing on its own website Roberts Space Industries.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015