Star Citizen cruises to its Kickstarter target
Star Citizen has become the latest darling of crowd-funded video games by cruising to its 500,000 USD target with 26 days to spare.
The game's creator was initially sceptical of using Kickstarter to fund Star Citizen but when the game's own crowd-funding site was crushed under the weight of demand Roberts sought the sturdy infrastructure of Kickstarter to get things going again.
On Kickstarter alone, Star Citizen has attracted 11,000 backers contributing to the tune of 517,336 USD with most of its time still to run.
It has also attracted 1.3 million USD worth of backing on its own website Roberts Space Industries.
Thanks Develop Online.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes