Star Citizen cruises to its Kickstarter target
Star Citizen has become the latest darling of crowd-funded video games by cruising to its 500,000 USD target with 26 days to spare.
The game's creator was initially sceptical of using Kickstarter to fund Star Citizen but when the game's own crowd-funding site was crushed under the weight of demand Roberts sought the sturdy infrastructure of Kickstarter to get things going again.
On Kickstarter alone, Star Citizen has attracted 11,000 backers contributing to the tune of 517,336 USD with most of its time still to run.
It has also attracted 1.3 million USD worth of backing on its own website Roberts Space Industries.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title