Star Citizen cruises to its Kickstarter target
Star Citizen has become the latest darling of crowd-funded video games by cruising to its 500,000 USD target with 26 days to spare.
The game's creator was initially sceptical of using Kickstarter to fund Star Citizen but when the game's own crowd-funding site was crushed under the weight of demand Roberts sought the sturdy infrastructure of Kickstarter to get things going again.
On Kickstarter alone, Star Citizen has attracted 11,000 backers contributing to the tune of 517,336 USD with most of its time still to run.
It has also attracted 1.3 million USD worth of backing on its own website Roberts Space Industries.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi