SmartGlass comes to the Xbox 360 this Friday
Windows 8 and the Surface aren't the only things that Microsoft are launching at the end of the week.
The new SmartGlass functionality will also arrive for the Xbox 360 allowing 360 users to control their console using their touchscreen phones and receive interactive partner information to their tablets.
SmartGlass will be compatible with all Windows 8 and Windows RT tablet devices as well as Android phones and tablets and of course the iPhone and iPad.
The first games to support SmartGlass will be Forza Horizon (also due on out Friday in Europe), Halo 4, upcoming free-to-play action title Ascend and Dance central 3.
SmartGlass launches this Friday, October the 26th alongside Windows 8, Windows RT and Microsoft's new Surface Tablet.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer