Michel Ancel surprised by the power of the Wii U
Michel Ancel has expressed his surprise at just how powerful the Wii U actually is.
The Rayman creator has become closely intimated with Nintendo's new home console as his team prepares the Wii U exclusive Rayman Legends which is due out before March of next year.
He said of his experiences with the Wii U so far, "It's partly us - we improved the engine - but I think the console is quite powerful. Surprisingly powerful. And there's a lot of memory. You can really have huge textures, and it's crazy because sometimes the graphic artist - we built our textures in very high-dentition. They could be used in a movie. Then we compress them, but sometimes they forget to do the compression and it still works! So yeah, it's quite powerful."
"It's hard sometimes when you're one of the first developers because it's up to you to come up with solutions to certain problems," Ancel continued. "But the core elements of the console are surprisingly powerful."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter