Joe Madureira quits Darksiders dev Vigil Games
Joe Madureira has announced that he will be leaving the studio he co-founded, Vigil Games.
After seven years as the creative director at Vigil which has seen him create the Darksiders series as well as work on the in flux Warhammer 40K title Dark Millennium he has decided to move on.
He said, "Farewell and best wishes to all my brothers and sisters at Vigil Games. After seven long years and two hit games (Darksiders BABY!) I'm afraid the time has come for me to move on to new adventures. I could not be more proud of what we achieved, or the awesome people who helped build up this studio. I can safely say Vigil's future is in very good hands, so expect only awesomeness down the road. This feels surreal...I miss the place already."
"I'll be talking more about 'The Next Big Thing' in the coming months," Madureira added. "But in the short term, I'm focusing on banging out a bunch of comics. Which should hopefully sate your hunger, you bloodthirsty savages!!! (*believe it or not that's a term of endearment)."
THQ the studio's parent company is yet to reveal who will be filling the vacant post of creative director at Vigil.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer