Joe Madureira quits Darksiders dev Vigil Games
Joe Madureira has announced that he will be leaving the studio he co-founded, Vigil Games.
After seven years as the creative director at Vigil which has seen him create the Darksiders series as well as work on the in flux Warhammer 40K title Dark Millennium he has decided to move on.
He said, "Farewell and best wishes to all my brothers and sisters at Vigil Games. After seven long years and two hit games (Darksiders BABY!) I'm afraid the time has come for me to move on to new adventures. I could not be more proud of what we achieved, or the awesome people who helped build up this studio. I can safely say Vigil's future is in very good hands, so expect only awesomeness down the road. This feels surreal...I miss the place already."
"I'll be talking more about 'The Next Big Thing' in the coming months," Madureira added. "But in the short term, I'm focusing on banging out a bunch of comics. Which should hopefully sate your hunger, you bloodthirsty savages!!! (*believe it or not that's a term of endearment)."
THQ the studio's parent company is yet to reveal who will be filling the vacant post of creative director at Vigil.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3