Joe Madureira quits Darksiders dev Vigil Games
Joe Madureira has announced that he will be leaving the studio he co-founded, Vigil Games.
After seven years as the creative director at Vigil which has seen him create the Darksiders series as well as work on the in flux Warhammer 40K title Dark Millennium he has decided to move on.
He said, "Farewell and best wishes to all my brothers and sisters at Vigil Games. After seven long years and two hit games (Darksiders BABY!) I'm afraid the time has come for me to move on to new adventures. I could not be more proud of what we achieved, or the awesome people who helped build up this studio. I can safely say Vigil's future is in very good hands, so expect only awesomeness down the road. This feels surreal...I miss the place already."
"I'll be talking more about 'The Next Big Thing' in the coming months," Madureira added. "But in the short term, I'm focusing on banging out a bunch of comics. Which should hopefully sate your hunger, you bloodthirsty savages!!! (*believe it or not that's a term of endearment)."
THQ the studio's parent company is yet to reveal who will be filling the vacant post of creative director at Vigil.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III