Steam Workshop celebrates its first birthday
One year ago today Valve launched the Steam workshop to allow gamers to make and share items in Team Fortress 2.
A year on and the service has grown to include 16 games including big hits like Skyrim, Portal 2 and Total War: Shogun 2 allowing modders to make and share their work with other Steam users.
Steam Workshop is now home to over 300,000 items of user generated content from mods and levels to maps, level, whole scenarios and even animations.
It even includes the new GameMaker Studio release on Steam Software allowing budding developers to make and share full casual games over Steam Workshop.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine