Steam Workshop celebrates its first birthday
One year ago today Valve launched the Steam workshop to allow gamers to make and share items in Team Fortress 2.
A year on and the service has grown to include 16 games including big hits like Skyrim, Portal 2 and Total War: Shogun 2 allowing modders to make and share their work with other Steam users.
Steam Workshop is now home to over 300,000 items of user generated content from mods and levels to maps, level, whole scenarios and even animations.
It even includes the new GameMaker Studio release on Steam Software allowing budding developers to make and share full casual games over Steam Workshop.
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC