Steam Workshop celebrates its first birthday
One year ago today Valve launched the Steam workshop to allow gamers to make and share items in Team Fortress 2.
A year on and the service has grown to include 16 games including big hits like Skyrim, Portal 2 and Total War: Shogun 2 allowing modders to make and share their work with other Steam users.
Steam Workshop is now home to over 300,000 items of user generated content from mods and levels to maps, level, whole scenarios and even animations.
It even includes the new GameMaker Studio release on Steam Software allowing budding developers to make and share full casual games over Steam Workshop.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan