Several studios sniffing around City Of Heroes
The soon-to-be closed superhero MMO City Of Heroes may receive a lifeline in the form of a buyout.
In a recent interview the head of the Save City Of Heroes movement, Tony Vazquez suggested that several studios are considering purchasing the game from NCSOFT as it has been consistently profitable.
Vazquez said, "Some people in our community have reached out to some other publishers like Valve, and Riot Games. Some of them have even reached out to Cryptic as they originally developed City of Heroes. "
"I hate to be coy about this, " he continued, "but I have heard that multiple publishers and developers have been interested in enquiring about City of Heroes, it isn't just Paragon Studios at the table. Who? I can't really say, but if there are they don't talk to me directly. The more the merrier though, as the higher the number the better chance we have of another studio acquiring the IP. "
Whatever happens, if anyone is to save City Of Heroes, the better do it quickly as it is due to close down on November the 30th.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet