Nintai Corp. becomes the first virtual company in Second Life to seek outside crowd funding
Nintai Corporation has announced that is has become the first virtual company that operates within Second Life to seek crowd funding from outside the game.
Nintai Brokerage Corporation operates on the Capital Exchange, Second Life's own virtual stock exchange and teaches users how to play the stock market and earn Lindens (Second Life's own currency in the process).
The company is seeking crowd-funding from outside in order to continue its work in educating players about stock trading, its various mechanisms and the effect this all has on the economy.
Nintai CEO Cecil Neosaki explains, "I think it's incredibly important that we continue to operate on the Second Life grid so that we can teach people how the stock market works. I believe that an education in finance is necessary, and oftentimes players take what they learn on the Capital Exchange onto the real stock market. "
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year