Nintai Corp. becomes the first virtual company in Second Life to seek outside crowd funding
Nintai Corporation has announced that is has become the first virtual company that operates within Second Life to seek crowd funding from outside the game.
Nintai Brokerage Corporation operates on the Capital Exchange, Second Life's own virtual stock exchange and teaches users how to play the stock market and earn Lindens (Second Life's own currency in the process).
The company is seeking crowd-funding from outside in order to continue its work in educating players about stock trading, its various mechanisms and the effect this all has on the economy.
Nintai CEO Cecil Neosaki explains, "I think it's incredibly important that we continue to operate on the Second Life grid so that we can teach people how the stock market works. I believe that an education in finance is necessary, and oftentimes players take what they learn on the Capital Exchange onto the real stock market. "
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone