Nintai Corp. becomes the first virtual company in Second Life to seek outside crowd funding
Nintai Corporation has announced that is has become the first virtual company that operates within Second Life to seek crowd funding from outside the game.
Nintai Brokerage Corporation operates on the Capital Exchange, Second Life's own virtual stock exchange and teaches users how to play the stock market and earn Lindens (Second Life's own currency in the process).
The company is seeking crowd-funding from outside in order to continue its work in educating players about stock trading, its various mechanisms and the effect this all has on the economy.
Nintai CEO Cecil Neosaki explains, "I think it's incredibly important that we continue to operate on the Second Life grid so that we can teach people how the stock market works. I believe that an education in finance is necessary, and oftentimes players take what they learn on the Capital Exchange onto the real stock market. "
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3