Time to warm up your mech-piloting skills as Hawken beta dates announced
Adhesive Games first title, a rather ambitious-looking mech-combat multiplayer title called Hawken will be launching a closed beta test rather soon.
Hawken is the most promising-looking mech game in quite a while blending visceral and punishing mech combat with lightning-fast FPS sensibilities leaving behind the old rather lumbering image of mech combat in a smoldering pile of wreckage on the ground.
Creative director on the game and co-founder of Adhesive Games, Khang Le said, "The team has worked tirelessly to launch closed beta. Thanks to the awesome community, we learned a great deal from the Alpha 2 feedback. We're super excited about opening the gate and having a larger fan base playing Hawken for the very first time! I can't wait to see how the general audience receives the game and all the crazy tactics they come up to dominate on the Hawken battlefield."
Hawken launches its initial closed beta over the weekend of October the 26th to the 29th. Mech fans can register for their first taste of Hawken at the game's official website.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3