Sony announces 5 million PS3s sold in the UK
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 3 has managed to sell 5 million units in the United Kingdom.
They have announced the news just as a third, super slim generation of the PS3 hardware goes on sale with the 500GB version of the new PS3 soon to be followed by a new 12GB budget model.
Fergal Gara, VP and MD for the UK and Ireland said, "This is another historic moment for the PlayStation brand, and something I'm incredibly proud of. I'd like to thank all our consumers, retailers and 3rd party partners for helping us achieve this figure, and look forward to continued success."
The new super slim PS3 is a far cry from the hulking 60GB version that Sony launched in 200 7 coming in two flavours with either a massive 500GB HDD or 12GB of flash memory in an attempt to make the PS3 even more accessible.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update