Sony announces 5 million PS3s sold in the UK
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 3 has managed to sell 5 million units in the United Kingdom.
They have announced the news just as a third, super slim generation of the PS3 hardware goes on sale with the 500GB version of the new PS3 soon to be followed by a new 12GB budget model.
Fergal Gara, VP and MD for the UK and Ireland said, "This is another historic moment for the PlayStation brand, and something I'm incredibly proud of. I'd like to thank all our consumers, retailers and 3rd party partners for helping us achieve this figure, and look forward to continued success."
The new super slim PS3 is a far cry from the hulking 60GB version that Sony launched in 200 7 coming in two flavours with either a massive 500GB HDD or 12GB of flash memory in an attempt to make the PS3 even more accessible.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side