X-COM: Enemy Unknown invades North America today, Europe is next
2K Games and Firaxis' strategy reboot of the alien invasion X-COM turn-based strategy series has hit stores stateside today.
X-COM: Enemy Unknown reimagines the hit 1990's series for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 carefully blending based-building and resource management and taught turn-based strategy combat with high definition visuals and audio.
Firaxis president Steve Martin said, "The heritage of Firaxis Games has always been making exceptional strategy games, so we jumped at the chance to reboot one of the greatest strategy franchises of all time. We're passionate fans of the original game and believe we have made something special with X-COM: Enemy Unknown. Early feedback from folks playing the game indicates that they love it as much as we do, which is thrilling to see."
X-COM: Enemy Unknown launches in North America from today with it arriving in Europe on the 12th of October (that's Friday).
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree