X-COM: Enemy Unknown invades North America today, Europe is next
2K Games and Firaxis' strategy reboot of the alien invasion X-COM turn-based strategy series has hit stores stateside today.
X-COM: Enemy Unknown reimagines the hit 1990's series for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 carefully blending based-building and resource management and taught turn-based strategy combat with high definition visuals and audio.
Firaxis president Steve Martin said, "The heritage of Firaxis Games has always been making exceptional strategy games, so we jumped at the chance to reboot one of the greatest strategy franchises of all time. We're passionate fans of the original game and believe we have made something special with X-COM: Enemy Unknown. Early feedback from folks playing the game indicates that they love it as much as we do, which is thrilling to see."
X-COM: Enemy Unknown launches in North America from today with it arriving in Europe on the 12th of October (that's Friday).
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone