X-COM: Enemy Unknown invades North America today, Europe is next
2K Games and Firaxis' strategy reboot of the alien invasion X-COM turn-based strategy series has hit stores stateside today.
X-COM: Enemy Unknown reimagines the hit 1990's series for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 carefully blending based-building and resource management and taught turn-based strategy combat with high definition visuals and audio.
Firaxis president Steve Martin said, "The heritage of Firaxis Games has always been making exceptional strategy games, so we jumped at the chance to reboot one of the greatest strategy franchises of all time. We're passionate fans of the original game and believe we have made something special with X-COM: Enemy Unknown. Early feedback from folks playing the game indicates that they love it as much as we do, which is thrilling to see."
X-COM: Enemy Unknown launches in North America from today with it arriving in Europe on the 12th of October (that's Friday).
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer