X-COM: Enemy Unknown invades North America today, Europe is next
2K Games and Firaxis' strategy reboot of the alien invasion X-COM turn-based strategy series has hit stores stateside today.
X-COM: Enemy Unknown reimagines the hit 1990's series for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 carefully blending based-building and resource management and taught turn-based strategy combat with high definition visuals and audio.
Firaxis president Steve Martin said, "The heritage of Firaxis Games has always been making exceptional strategy games, so we jumped at the chance to reboot one of the greatest strategy franchises of all time. We're passionate fans of the original game and believe we have made something special with X-COM: Enemy Unknown. Early feedback from folks playing the game indicates that they love it as much as we do, which is thrilling to see."
X-COM: Enemy Unknown launches in North America from today with it arriving in Europe on the 12th of October (that's Friday).
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold