X-COM: Enemy Unknown invades North America today, Europe is next
2K Games and Firaxis' strategy reboot of the alien invasion X-COM turn-based strategy series has hit stores stateside today.
X-COM: Enemy Unknown reimagines the hit 1990's series for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 carefully blending based-building and resource management and taught turn-based strategy combat with high definition visuals and audio.
Firaxis president Steve Martin said, "The heritage of Firaxis Games has always been making exceptional strategy games, so we jumped at the chance to reboot one of the greatest strategy franchises of all time. We're passionate fans of the original game and believe we have made something special with X-COM: Enemy Unknown. Early feedback from folks playing the game indicates that they love it as much as we do, which is thrilling to see."
X-COM: Enemy Unknown launches in North America from today with it arriving in Europe on the 12th of October (that's Friday).
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan