Wing Commander creator, Chris Roberts to show his new project at GDC Online
Chris Roberts, the man who created the revolutionary space combat series Wing Commander will show his new project off for the first time at this year's GDC Online.
The new project, which marks Roberts' return to game development after a ten year absence will appear in prototype form at the GDC Online and will once again see players jumping into the cockpit of a high-tech fighter and battling for glory amongst the stars.
"I grew up making video games," said Roberts. "I sold my first game at the age of 13 and created Wing Commander when I was 21. But 10 years ago, at the height of my career I took a break. Not because I stopped loving or playing games but because I had become frustrated with the limits of the technology at the time to realize my vision."
He continued, "I always said the moment I became interested in making games again was when I was going to come back. With the power of today's computers and the reach of the internet I finally feel I have the tools to build the connected experience that I always dreamed of."
Roberts' new project will be shown off at 9am CDT on Wednesday right in the middle of the GDC Online. The GDC Online runs from Tuesday the 9th of October to Thursday the 11th of October in Austin Texas.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year