ArenaNet has seven teams working on Guild Wars 2
ArenaNet has revealed the amount of staff that they have supporting Guild Wars 2 after such an impressive launch.
Lead designer Colin Johansson stated on the game's official blog that, instead of the traditional small support team that most MMOs have, Guild Wars 2 has seven separate teams working on expanding the game's content.
The teams include Live Response which deals with bugs, balancing and any other issues flagged by user feedback, Living World which works on new content, Live Security which deals with everything from user account safety to hacking and bots and a PvP/eSports team which focuses on the competitive elements of Guild Wars 2.
Johansson clarified, "Our goal is to continue to raise the bar by keeping the game constantly updated with more high-quality content than any other game has offered before. We think Guild Wars 2 is one of the most enthralling online worlds ever created, so we are dedicated to a live game that impacts this world with events and milestones that are immersive and possibly permanent. We want this to be a world where you share memories of pivotal moments and exciting experiences for years to come."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update