ArenaNet has seven teams working on Guild Wars 2
ArenaNet has revealed the amount of staff that they have supporting Guild Wars 2 after such an impressive launch.
Lead designer Colin Johansson stated on the game's official blog that, instead of the traditional small support team that most MMOs have, Guild Wars 2 has seven separate teams working on expanding the game's content.
The teams include Live Response which deals with bugs, balancing and any other issues flagged by user feedback, Living World which works on new content, Live Security which deals with everything from user account safety to hacking and bots and a PvP/eSports team which focuses on the competitive elements of Guild Wars 2.
Johansson clarified, "Our goal is to continue to raise the bar by keeping the game constantly updated with more high-quality content than any other game has offered before. We think Guild Wars 2 is one of the most enthralling online worlds ever created, so we are dedicated to a live game that impacts this world with events and milestones that are immersive and possibly permanent. We want this to be a world where you share memories of pivotal moments and exciting experiences for years to come."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3