Star Wars: The Old Republic lead designer leaves BioWare
BioWare has lost another fairly senior member of staff in the form of their lead designer on Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Daniel Erickson lead designer on their first ever MMO announced the end to his seven years at BioWare on his newly created Twitter account.
He gave no reason for his departure but his comments may indicate a bit of disillusionment at the current state of play of the industry and the drive towards social, mobile and free-to-play gaming.
Erickson explained, "As part of leaving BioWare I'm officially starting a Twitter account for job hunt and design thoughts. When 90 percent of the industry is saying the exact same thing (social, mobile, FTP!) a huge number of people are going to lose that race."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer