Star Wars: The Old Republic lead designer leaves BioWare
BioWare has lost another fairly senior member of staff in the form of their lead designer on Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Daniel Erickson lead designer on their first ever MMO announced the end to his seven years at BioWare on his newly created Twitter account.
He gave no reason for his departure but his comments may indicate a bit of disillusionment at the current state of play of the industry and the drive towards social, mobile and free-to-play gaming.
Erickson explained, "As part of leaving BioWare I'm officially starting a Twitter account for job hunt and design thoughts. When 90 percent of the industry is saying the exact same thing (social, mobile, FTP!) a huge number of people are going to lose that race."
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer