Star Wars: The Old Republic lead designer leaves BioWare
BioWare has lost another fairly senior member of staff in the form of their lead designer on Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Daniel Erickson lead designer on their first ever MMO announced the end to his seven years at BioWare on his newly created Twitter account.
He gave no reason for his departure but his comments may indicate a bit of disillusionment at the current state of play of the industry and the drive towards social, mobile and free-to-play gaming.
Erickson explained, "As part of leaving BioWare I'm officially starting a Twitter account for job hunt and design thoughts. When 90 percent of the industry is saying the exact same thing (social, mobile, FTP!) a huge number of people are going to lose that race."
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes