Cliff Bleszinski leaves Epic to take a break from games
Cliff Bleszinski, the creative force behind much of what Epic Games has produced over the last 20 years has announced that he is stepping down from the company.
The reasoning behind his departure is that he feels like he hasn't stopped to take a breath in all of his 20 years in the industry having been credited on an impressive 27 titles including every Gears Of War, Unreal and Unreal Tournament game as well as notable others like Jazz Jackrabbit, Shadow Complex and Bulletstorm.
He said, "I've been doing this since I was a teenager, and outside of my sabbatical last year, I have been going non-stop. I literally grew up in this business, as Mike likes to say. And now that Im grown up, its time for a much needed break."
"I will miss the projects, the playtests, the debates, and most importantly, the people," Bleszinski added. "Epic only hires the best of the best, and it has been a joy working with each and every one of you on a daily basis, whether you were hired weeks ago or decades ago. I have been fortunate enough to collaborate with a variety of disciplines, from code to art to marketing and PR its been one big, rewarding learning experience. I'm confident that each project that is being built, whether at Epic, Chair, PCF, or Impossible will be top notch and will please gamers and critics alike."
Bleszinski will be missed and Epic president Mike Capps, CEO Tim Sweeney and Studio VP Mark Rein all paying tribute to his talent and wishing him well for the future.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date