NCSoft: City Of Heroes is unsaveable
Despite the fans best efforts, including a 20,000 signature petition, NCSoft will continue with the closure of City Of Heroes.
NCSoft has said that they came to the decision to close their comic-inspired MMO City Of Heroes and its developer Paragon Studios after exhausting all the options they had at their disposal and believe that the game is unsaveable.
A statement from the Korean MMO giant explained, "We wanted to let you know that your voices have been heard and your concerns have been taken into serious consideration. We appreciate the overwhelmingly constructive and positive messages in the emails, notes, and packages you've sent in support of the game."
"It has not been an easy decision for us to close Paragon Studios and prepare to shut down City of Heroes. We've exhausted all options including the selling of the studio and the rights to the City of Heroes intellectual property, but in the end, efforts to do so were not successful. City of Heroes has a special place in all of our hearts, and we want to ensure its reputation and the memories we share for the game end on a high note," it continued. "Once again, we will be holding events throughout the process of preparing for the game's end, and we encourage players and fans of the franchise to join forces and enjoy their time in a game that we've enjoyed supporting for more than eight years."
City Of Heroes will cease to operate on November the 30th.
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives