Minecraft shifts 4 million on the Xbox 360
It seems like Minecraft is still almost unstoppable with every week heralding another story telling of its success.
This week it has emerged that Markus Persson's open-ended sandbox has managed to sell over four million copies on Xbox 360 alone.
4J Studios, the team behind the 360 port of Minecraft revealed the news on their official Twitter account which proves that the game is still proving intensely popular.
It had already become the best selling title of all time on Xbox Live after selling over two million copies in its first month alone. The PC original version of Minecraft had sold 7 million copies as of August this year.
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World