FIFA 13 sells 1 million in the UK and firmly secures UK number one slot
FIFA 13 has had a very successful opening weekend storming to number one in the UK charts.
The latest version of EA Sport's exceptionally popular football series has very emphatically secured the UK's number one spot by selling over one million copies over its launch weekend.
With such success FIFA 13 has managed to break into a very exclusive group of titles that have broken the million mark for launch sales which only includes Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3.
FIFA 13 unseated Borderlands 2 from the top spot with Gearbox's new shooter-cum-dungeon-crawler slipping down to number two. That in turn pushed F1 2012 down to three with the latest World Of Warcraft expansion only managing to debut in at number four despite having a three-day head-start having launched on Tuesday the 25th of September. PES 2013 rounded out the top five.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine