BioWare exec believes co-founders left partially due to fan backlash
One of BioWare's executives has suggested that the retirement of co-founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka was in part down to exhaustion due to fan backlash.
Trent Oster has floated his impression that the displeasure fans have been voicing over the ending of Mass Effect 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic had left both BioWare's founding figureheads drained.
Oster intimated, "The last time I met up with [Greg], I felt his exhaustion 'Punch out, eject, get the hell out', was my suggestions to him and it hit closer to the mark than I had realised. I also think the Mass Effect 3 fan reaction and the Old Republic fans negativity was just too much."
"You have to love games and you put your heart into them to create them," he continued. "To have the fans creating petitions against the work is pretty hard to take, especially when you've spent the last few years crunching overtime to try and ship a game. It can be hard to shut off the overwhelming negativity the internet spews forth, especially when it has your name or the name of your company in it."
Ray Muzyka has come out on Twitter to respond to Oster's comments saying, "I respect/revere fans, because they speak with deep, honest passion. Journalists speculating on ill-founded rumors should reassess approach. Good websites demand clarity and credibility lesser ones enable ill-informed individuals to make stuff up about other people."
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free