NBA Live 13 canned
EA Sports has announced that despite their hopeful proclamations NBA Live would return this year, they have decided not to release NBA Live 13.
EA Sport's Andrew House explained that it has become clear that NBA Live 13 would not be ready to be released for the beginning of the new NBA season next month and so they have decided to focus on getting NBA Live ready for a return in time for the 2013 season.
He said, "Having continued to look at the game over the past few days, it's clear that we won't be ready in October and rather than launch midway through the season, we're going to sit out the full year and stay focused on making next year's game great."
"I'm disappointed that we have not yet met our high expectations with NBA Live, but I remain motivated about where we're going," he continued. "We're committed to delivering new innovation in online, and our progress in the visual presentation of the game continues to take big strides. We also know that a great game starts with great gameplay, and this remains a huge priority for us."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One