NBA Live 13 canned
EA Sports has announced that despite their hopeful proclamations NBA Live would return this year, they have decided not to release NBA Live 13.
EA Sport's Andrew House explained that it has become clear that NBA Live 13 would not be ready to be released for the beginning of the new NBA season next month and so they have decided to focus on getting NBA Live ready for a return in time for the 2013 season.
He said, "Having continued to look at the game over the past few days, it's clear that we won't be ready in October and rather than launch midway through the season, we're going to sit out the full year and stay focused on making next year's game great."
"I'm disappointed that we have not yet met our high expectations with NBA Live, but I remain motivated about where we're going," he continued. "We're committed to delivering new innovation in online, and our progress in the visual presentation of the game continues to take big strides. We also know that a great game starts with great gameplay, and this remains a huge priority for us."
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year