NBA Live 13 canned
EA Sports has announced that despite their hopeful proclamations NBA Live would return this year, they have decided not to release NBA Live 13.
EA Sport's Andrew House explained that it has become clear that NBA Live 13 would not be ready to be released for the beginning of the new NBA season next month and so they have decided to focus on getting NBA Live ready for a return in time for the 2013 season.
He said, "Having continued to look at the game over the past few days, it's clear that we won't be ready in October and rather than launch midway through the season, we're going to sit out the full year and stay focused on making next year's game great."
"I'm disappointed that we have not yet met our high expectations with NBA Live, but I remain motivated about where we're going," he continued. "We're committed to delivering new innovation in online, and our progress in the visual presentation of the game continues to take big strides. We also know that a great game starts with great gameplay, and this remains a huge priority for us."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3