Blizzard confirms Project Titan is now in the middle of development
Blizzard's Rob Pardo has given some more scant details about their mystery MMO project codenamed Project Titan.
Pardo revealed that they now have some 100 developers working on the new title and it is right in the middle of development. He also revealed that Project Titan has been in development for the last four years.
"Titan's still moving along. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up that it's around the corner. It's a very big project, it's got along way to go. I don't know yet when we're going to start releasing more information. We're definitely dead in the middle of development at this point," said the Blizzard CCO.
"I think we're over 100 people on the team now working on it," he continued. He added on the length of time the game has been in development, "It depends on how you look at such things because when we first start a team we start it really, really small, it might just start just a couple people and we just talk about the concept and draw some concept art. It's definitely not been in core development for that long. I'd say core development is maybe more closer to four years, but even that was with a smaller team."
Thanks Curse Entertainment.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer