Blizzard confirms Project Titan is now in the middle of development
Blizzard's Rob Pardo has given some more scant details about their mystery MMO project codenamed Project Titan.
Pardo revealed that they now have some 100 developers working on the new title and it is right in the middle of development. He also revealed that Project Titan has been in development for the last four years.
"Titan's still moving along. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up that it's around the corner. It's a very big project, it's got along way to go. I don't know yet when we're going to start releasing more information. We're definitely dead in the middle of development at this point," said the Blizzard CCO.
"I think we're over 100 people on the team now working on it," he continued. He added on the length of time the game has been in development, "It depends on how you look at such things because when we first start a team we start it really, really small, it might just start just a couple people and we just talk about the concept and draw some concept art. It's definitely not been in core development for that long. I'd say core development is maybe more closer to four years, but even that was with a smaller team."
Thanks Curse Entertainment.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release