Blizzard confirms Project Titan is now in the middle of development
Blizzard's Rob Pardo has given some more scant details about their mystery MMO project codenamed Project Titan.
Pardo revealed that they now have some 100 developers working on the new title and it is right in the middle of development. He also revealed that Project Titan has been in development for the last four years.
"Titan's still moving along. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up that it's around the corner. It's a very big project, it's got along way to go. I don't know yet when we're going to start releasing more information. We're definitely dead in the middle of development at this point," said the Blizzard CCO.
"I think we're over 100 people on the team now working on it," he continued. He added on the length of time the game has been in development, "It depends on how you look at such things because when we first start a team we start it really, really small, it might just start just a couple people and we just talk about the concept and draw some concept art. It's definitely not been in core development for that long. I'd say core development is maybe more closer to four years, but even that was with a smaller team."
Thanks Curse Entertainment.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like