Blizzard confirms Project Titan is now in the middle of development
Blizzard's Rob Pardo has given some more scant details about their mystery MMO project codenamed Project Titan.
Pardo revealed that they now have some 100 developers working on the new title and it is right in the middle of development. He also revealed that Project Titan has been in development for the last four years.
"Titan's still moving along. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up that it's around the corner. It's a very big project, it's got along way to go. I don't know yet when we're going to start releasing more information. We're definitely dead in the middle of development at this point," said the Blizzard CCO.
"I think we're over 100 people on the team now working on it," he continued. He added on the length of time the game has been in development, "It depends on how you look at such things because when we first start a team we start it really, really small, it might just start just a couple people and we just talk about the concept and draw some concept art. It's definitely not been in core development for that long. I'd say core development is maybe more closer to four years, but even that was with a smaller team."
Thanks Curse Entertainment.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year