Notch will not seek Windows 8 certification for Minecraft
Markus 'Notch' Persson, the man behind Minecraft has sent Microsoft an emphatic message over what he sees as a closing of the PC platform with Windows 8.
Persson took to Twitter to say that he will not be looking for Windows 8 certification for Minecraft in the hope that it will keep people from upgrading to Microsoft's new operating system.
He said, "I told them to stop trying to ruin the PC as an open platform... I'd rather have Minecraft not run on Win 8 at all than to play along. Maybe we can convince a few people not to switch to Win 8 that way."
His tweets were in response to an email he received from Microsoft offering to help Mojang get Minecraft certified for Windows 8.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer