Notch will not seek Windows 8 certification for Minecraft
Markus 'Notch' Persson, the man behind Minecraft has sent Microsoft an emphatic message over what he sees as a closing of the PC platform with Windows 8.
Persson took to Twitter to say that he will not be looking for Windows 8 certification for Minecraft in the hope that it will keep people from upgrading to Microsoft's new operating system.
He said, "I told them to stop trying to ruin the PC as an open platform... I'd rather have Minecraft not run on Win 8 at all than to play along. Maybe we can convince a few people not to switch to Win 8 that way."
His tweets were in response to an email he received from Microsoft offering to help Mojang get Minecraft certified for Windows 8.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3