Notch will not seek Windows 8 certification for Minecraft
Markus 'Notch' Persson, the man behind Minecraft has sent Microsoft an emphatic message over what he sees as a closing of the PC platform with Windows 8.
Persson took to Twitter to say that he will not be looking for Windows 8 certification for Minecraft in the hope that it will keep people from upgrading to Microsoft's new operating system.
He said, "I told them to stop trying to ruin the PC as an open platform... I'd rather have Minecraft not run on Win 8 at all than to play along. Maybe we can convince a few people not to switch to Win 8 that way."
His tweets were in response to an email he received from Microsoft offering to help Mojang get Minecraft certified for Windows 8.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO