Notch will not seek Windows 8 certification for Minecraft
Markus 'Notch' Persson, the man behind Minecraft has sent Microsoft an emphatic message over what he sees as a closing of the PC platform with Windows 8.
Persson took to Twitter to say that he will not be looking for Windows 8 certification for Minecraft in the hope that it will keep people from upgrading to Microsoft's new operating system.
He said, "I told them to stop trying to ruin the PC as an open platform... I'd rather have Minecraft not run on Win 8 at all than to play along. Maybe we can convince a few people not to switch to Win 8 that way."
His tweets were in response to an email he received from Microsoft offering to help Mojang get Minecraft certified for Windows 8.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date