Notch will not seek Windows 8 certification for Minecraft
Markus 'Notch' Persson, the man behind Minecraft has sent Microsoft an emphatic message over what he sees as a closing of the PC platform with Windows 8.
Persson took to Twitter to say that he will not be looking for Windows 8 certification for Minecraft in the hope that it will keep people from upgrading to Microsoft's new operating system.
He said, "I told them to stop trying to ruin the PC as an open platform... I'd rather have Minecraft not run on Win 8 at all than to play along. Maybe we can convince a few people not to switch to Win 8 that way."
His tweets were in response to an email he received from Microsoft offering to help Mojang get Minecraft certified for Windows 8.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III