Notch will not seek Windows 8 certification for Minecraft
Markus 'Notch' Persson, the man behind Minecraft has sent Microsoft an emphatic message over what he sees as a closing of the PC platform with Windows 8.
Persson took to Twitter to say that he will not be looking for Windows 8 certification for Minecraft in the hope that it will keep people from upgrading to Microsoft's new operating system.
He said, "I told them to stop trying to ruin the PC as an open platform... I'd rather have Minecraft not run on Win 8 at all than to play along. Maybe we can convince a few people not to switch to Win 8 that way."
His tweets were in response to an email he received from Microsoft offering to help Mojang get Minecraft certified for Windows 8.
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015
- The PS4 is just a bit more powerful says Metro Redux developer, short documentary on the collection arrives
- Saints Row devs, Volition to reveal their new project at PAX Prime
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement