Creative Assembly launches the Total War: Shogun 2 Assembly Kit
Strategy modders can celebrate as today sees the arrival of the Total War: Shogun 2 Assembly Kit.
Building on and indeed including and update to TEd, the existing level editor, the new Shogun 2 Assembly Kit allows modders the ability to access and modify almost every aspect of Shogun 2 and its expansions.
The Assembly Kit includes TWeak, a framework that includes two plugins to help mod Shogun 2. The first is DaVE, the Database Visual Editor tool which allows modders to go in and edit any database values in the game including those that dictate things like campaign map start positions, game logic, unit values and more.
The second plugin is The Unit Editor which allows modders to tweak existing units in how they look and feel and even create completely new units with custom armour, helmets, skins and more.
It also features BOB, which is a data processing tool to process animations, models, textures and other assets into forms usable by the game and The Mod Manager which allows modders to upload their finished mods to the Steam Workshop.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft