Creative Assembly launches the Total War: Shogun 2 Assembly Kit
Strategy modders can celebrate as today sees the arrival of the Total War: Shogun 2 Assembly Kit.
Building on and indeed including and update to TEd, the existing level editor, the new Shogun 2 Assembly Kit allows modders the ability to access and modify almost every aspect of Shogun 2 and its expansions.
The Assembly Kit includes TWeak, a framework that includes two plugins to help mod Shogun 2. The first is DaVE, the Database Visual Editor tool which allows modders to go in and edit any database values in the game including those that dictate things like campaign map start positions, game logic, unit values and more.
The second plugin is The Unit Editor which allows modders to tweak existing units in how they look and feel and even create completely new units with custom armour, helmets, skins and more.
It also features BOB, which is a data processing tool to process animations, models, textures and other assets into forms usable by the game and The Mod Manager which allows modders to upload their finished mods to the Steam Workshop.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light