Creative Assembly launches the Total War: Shogun 2 Assembly Kit
Strategy modders can celebrate as today sees the arrival of the Total War: Shogun 2 Assembly Kit.
Building on and indeed including and update to TEd, the existing level editor, the new Shogun 2 Assembly Kit allows modders the ability to access and modify almost every aspect of Shogun 2 and its expansions.
The Assembly Kit includes TWeak, a framework that includes two plugins to help mod Shogun 2. The first is DaVE, the Database Visual Editor tool which allows modders to go in and edit any database values in the game including those that dictate things like campaign map start positions, game logic, unit values and more.
The second plugin is The Unit Editor which allows modders to tweak existing units in how they look and feel and even create completely new units with custom armour, helmets, skins and more.
It also features BOB, which is a data processing tool to process animations, models, textures and other assets into forms usable by the game and The Mod Manager which allows modders to upload their finished mods to the Steam Workshop.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year