Creative Assembly launches the Total War: Shogun 2 Assembly Kit
Strategy modders can celebrate as today sees the arrival of the Total War: Shogun 2 Assembly Kit.
Building on and indeed including and update to TEd, the existing level editor, the new Shogun 2 Assembly Kit allows modders the ability to access and modify almost every aspect of Shogun 2 and its expansions.
The Assembly Kit includes TWeak, a framework that includes two plugins to help mod Shogun 2. The first is DaVE, the Database Visual Editor tool which allows modders to go in and edit any database values in the game including those that dictate things like campaign map start positions, game logic, unit values and more.
The second plugin is The Unit Editor which allows modders to tweak existing units in how they look and feel and even create completely new units with custom armour, helmets, skins and more.
It also features BOB, which is a data processing tool to process animations, models, textures and other assets into forms usable by the game and The Mod Manager which allows modders to upload their finished mods to the Steam Workshop.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto