Creative Assembly launches the Total War: Shogun 2 Assembly Kit
Strategy modders can celebrate as today sees the arrival of the Total War: Shogun 2 Assembly Kit.
Building on and indeed including and update to TEd, the existing level editor, the new Shogun 2 Assembly Kit allows modders the ability to access and modify almost every aspect of Shogun 2 and its expansions.
The Assembly Kit includes TWeak, a framework that includes two plugins to help mod Shogun 2. The first is DaVE, the Database Visual Editor tool which allows modders to go in and edit any database values in the game including those that dictate things like campaign map start positions, game logic, unit values and more.
The second plugin is The Unit Editor which allows modders to tweak existing units in how they look and feel and even create completely new units with custom armour, helmets, skins and more.
It also features BOB, which is a data processing tool to process animations, models, textures and other assets into forms usable by the game and The Mod Manager which allows modders to upload their finished mods to the Steam Workshop.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date