Steam Linux beta begins next month
Valve is to launch a beta test of their new Linux client next month beginning internally then extending to a private external beta for up to 1000 people.
The testing period will test the client's stability on the Linux-based OS Ubuntu version 12.04.
This beta will focus on the basic Steam client with no mention of the new Big Picture mode or any additional Steam games.
The only Steam game that has been mentioned so far is Left 4 Dead 2 which has been confirmed as the first game that will be released on Steam for Linux when it finally arrives.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014