Steam Linux beta begins next month
Valve is to launch a beta test of their new Linux client next month beginning internally then extending to a private external beta for up to 1000 people.
The testing period will test the client's stability on the Linux-based OS Ubuntu version 12.04.
This beta will focus on the basic Steam client with no mention of the new Big Picture mode or any additional Steam games.
The only Steam game that has been mentioned so far is Left 4 Dead 2 which has been confirmed as the first game that will be released on Steam for Linux when it finally arrives.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update