Steam Linux beta begins next month
Valve is to launch a beta test of their new Linux client next month beginning internally then extending to a private external beta for up to 1000 people.
The testing period will test the client's stability on the Linux-based OS Ubuntu version 12.04.
This beta will focus on the basic Steam client with no mention of the new Big Picture mode or any additional Steam games.
The only Steam game that has been mentioned so far is Left 4 Dead 2 which has been confirmed as the first game that will be released on Steam for Linux when it finally arrives.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto