Steam Linux beta begins next month
Valve is to launch a beta test of their new Linux client next month beginning internally then extending to a private external beta for up to 1000 people.
The testing period will test the client's stability on the Linux-based OS Ubuntu version 12.04.
This beta will focus on the basic Steam client with no mention of the new Big Picture mode or any additional Steam games.
The only Steam game that has been mentioned so far is Left 4 Dead 2 which has been confirmed as the first game that will be released on Steam for Linux when it finally arrives.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light