Steam Linux beta begins next month
Valve is to launch a beta test of their new Linux client next month beginning internally then extending to a private external beta for up to 1000 people.
The testing period will test the client's stability on the Linux-based OS Ubuntu version 12.04.
This beta will focus on the basic Steam client with no mention of the new Big Picture mode or any additional Steam games.
The only Steam game that has been mentioned so far is Left 4 Dead 2 which has been confirmed as the first game that will be released on Steam for Linux when it finally arrives.
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey