Funcom appoints a new director for The Secret World
Funcom has taken new steps to help revitalise their new MMO The Secret World after it suffered a poor launch.
The Secret World had only sold around 200,000 copies in the two months after its launch and has received a fairly lukewarm reception from critics scoring 73 on Metacritic from a sample of 53 reviews.
As part of their plans to save The Secret World, Funcom has appointed Joel Bylos who has formerly worked on Age Of Conan as lead designer, as director for their new MMO to work alongside the game's creative director Ragnar Tornquist.
There is a very good chance that Funcom will turn around The Secret World as Age Of Conan suffered a similarly poor launch and is now seeing some success as a free-to-play MMO.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3