Funcom appoints a new director for The Secret World
Funcom has taken new steps to help revitalise their new MMO The Secret World after it suffered a poor launch.
The Secret World had only sold around 200,000 copies in the two months after its launch and has received a fairly lukewarm reception from critics scoring 73 on Metacritic from a sample of 53 reviews.
As part of their plans to save The Secret World, Funcom has appointed Joel Bylos who has formerly worked on Age Of Conan as lead designer, as director for their new MMO to work alongside the game's creative director Ragnar Tornquist.
There is a very good chance that Funcom will turn around The Secret World as Age Of Conan suffered a similarly poor launch and is now seeing some success as a free-to-play MMO.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey