Funcom appoints a new director for The Secret World
Funcom has taken new steps to help revitalise their new MMO The Secret World after it suffered a poor launch.
The Secret World had only sold around 200,000 copies in the two months after its launch and has received a fairly lukewarm reception from critics scoring 73 on Metacritic from a sample of 53 reviews.
As part of their plans to save The Secret World, Funcom has appointed Joel Bylos who has formerly worked on Age Of Conan as lead designer, as director for their new MMO to work alongside the game's creative director Ragnar Tornquist.
There is a very good chance that Funcom will turn around The Secret World as Age Of Conan suffered a similarly poor launch and is now seeing some success as a free-to-play MMO.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO