Funcom appoints a new director for The Secret World
Funcom has taken new steps to help revitalise their new MMO The Secret World after it suffered a poor launch.
The Secret World had only sold around 200,000 copies in the two months after its launch and has received a fairly lukewarm reception from critics scoring 73 on Metacritic from a sample of 53 reviews.
As part of their plans to save The Secret World, Funcom has appointed Joel Bylos who has formerly worked on Age Of Conan as lead designer, as director for their new MMO to work alongside the game's creative director Ragnar Tornquist.
There is a very good chance that Funcom will turn around The Secret World as Age Of Conan suffered a similarly poor launch and is now seeing some success as a free-to-play MMO.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year