Adding Kinect and Move features to FIFA 13 was not a distraction says EA
EA's David Rutter, the producer on FIFA 13 has been aiming to reassure hardcore FIFA fanatics that the addition of motion control features has not affected the core experience in FIFA 13.
Rutter affirmed that they have made sure that they have found the best ways to integrate Kinect and Move into the FIFA experience without detracting from the experience or feeling too gimmicky.
"Rather than come up with a bunch of mini games to tick the 'better with Kinect' box where you kick your legs or dive around, which wouldn't improve the overall experience what we did was look at what's frustrating for users and what could we do differently, and then match that to the strengths of those control systems were," Rutter explained. "For Kinect, it's the voice control. If you look at some of frustrations in our game around tactical changes and the pause menu, being able to utilise voice controls that enable our fans to quickly and seamlessly make useful changes without having to pause the game is very much a benefit."
He continued, "For Move, it's slightly different. What we wanted to do was to take an extremely accessible controller and come up with a control scheme that allowed us to use that really well. We were lucky enough a few years ago to implement a pretty successful mouse control system on our PC game and I thought that would be a really appropriate place to start with the Move. What we've actually created is two very different control schemes that utilise the strengths of those two control systems."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year