Resident Evil 6 on PC will not repeat the Resi 4 mistakes promises Capcom
Capcom has assured fans that they are doing everything they can to ensure that Resident Evil 6 is every bit as playable on the PC as it is on console.
Christian Svensson, Capcom's senior VP explained that the PC version will be delayed because they didn't start the port until the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were finished and fully approved to make sure that they're working from a solid baseline.
He stated, "The process did not begin until after the console versions were complete, submitted, approved by console 1st parties to use that final codebase as the starting point."
Svensson added, "Projects like this you guys seem to think are 'trivial' but they are not. When they get treated as trivial, you end up with Resident Evil 4 PC... which I don't think too many true fans were pleased with."
In the meantime Resident Evil 6 will hit PS3 and Xbox 360 on October the 2nd.
Thanks Capcom Unity forums.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny