Resident Evil 6 on PC will not repeat the Resi 4 mistakes promises Capcom
Capcom has assured fans that they are doing everything they can to ensure that Resident Evil 6 is every bit as playable on the PC as it is on console.
Christian Svensson, Capcom's senior VP explained that the PC version will be delayed because they didn't start the port until the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were finished and fully approved to make sure that they're working from a solid baseline.
He stated, "The process did not begin until after the console versions were complete, submitted, approved by console 1st parties to use that final codebase as the starting point."
Svensson added, "Projects like this you guys seem to think are 'trivial' but they are not. When they get treated as trivial, you end up with Resident Evil 4 PC... which I don't think too many true fans were pleased with."
In the meantime Resident Evil 6 will hit PS3 and Xbox 360 on October the 2nd.
Thanks Capcom Unity forums.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year