Resident Evil 6 on PC will not repeat the Resi 4 mistakes promises Capcom
Capcom has assured fans that they are doing everything they can to ensure that Resident Evil 6 is every bit as playable on the PC as it is on console.
Christian Svensson, Capcom's senior VP explained that the PC version will be delayed because they didn't start the port until the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were finished and fully approved to make sure that they're working from a solid baseline.
He stated, "The process did not begin until after the console versions were complete, submitted, approved by console 1st parties to use that final codebase as the starting point."
Svensson added, "Projects like this you guys seem to think are 'trivial' but they are not. When they get treated as trivial, you end up with Resident Evil 4 PC... which I don't think too many true fans were pleased with."
In the meantime Resident Evil 6 will hit PS3 and Xbox 360 on October the 2nd.
Thanks Capcom Unity forums.
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront