Resident Evil 6 on PC will not repeat the Resi 4 mistakes promises Capcom
Capcom has assured fans that they are doing everything they can to ensure that Resident Evil 6 is every bit as playable on the PC as it is on console.
Christian Svensson, Capcom's senior VP explained that the PC version will be delayed because they didn't start the port until the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were finished and fully approved to make sure that they're working from a solid baseline.
He stated, "The process did not begin until after the console versions were complete, submitted, approved by console 1st parties to use that final codebase as the starting point."
Svensson added, "Projects like this you guys seem to think are 'trivial' but they are not. When they get treated as trivial, you end up with Resident Evil 4 PC... which I don't think too many true fans were pleased with."
In the meantime Resident Evil 6 will hit PS3 and Xbox 360 on October the 2nd.
Thanks Capcom Unity forums.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent