Resident Evil 6 on PC will not repeat the Resi 4 mistakes promises Capcom
Capcom has assured fans that they are doing everything they can to ensure that Resident Evil 6 is every bit as playable on the PC as it is on console.
Christian Svensson, Capcom's senior VP explained that the PC version will be delayed because they didn't start the port until the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were finished and fully approved to make sure that they're working from a solid baseline.
He stated, "The process did not begin until after the console versions were complete, submitted, approved by console 1st parties to use that final codebase as the starting point."
Svensson added, "Projects like this you guys seem to think are 'trivial' but they are not. When they get treated as trivial, you end up with Resident Evil 4 PC... which I don't think too many true fans were pleased with."
In the meantime Resident Evil 6 will hit PS3 and Xbox 360 on October the 2nd.
Thanks Capcom Unity forums.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey