GTA V is in full development says Take-Two
Take-Two's annual financials have been a bit disappointing for the most part except for the progress report on Grand Theft Auto V.
They have been hit the prolonged absence of Rockstar's seminal sandbox series with them chalking up a net loss of 107.7 million USD for the last financial year. They did note that LA Noire was the best-performing new IP of 2011 though.
Things are looking up for them however with 2K's Borderlands 2 scoring very highly with the critics and GTA V development well under way.
Take-Two's chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick said, "Grand Theft Auto 5 is in full development and making substantial progress."
They do still have some big releases in the form of BioShock Infinite and NBA 2K13 due between now and the end of March 2013 and Max Payne 3 has picked up in sales due to some well placed discounts at retail. However GTA V is still not expected until April 2013 at the earliest pushing it out of this financial year.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year