GTA V is in full development says Take-Two
Take-Two's annual financials have been a bit disappointing for the most part except for the progress report on Grand Theft Auto V.
They have been hit the prolonged absence of Rockstar's seminal sandbox series with them chalking up a net loss of 107.7 million USD for the last financial year. They did note that LA Noire was the best-performing new IP of 2011 though.
Things are looking up for them however with 2K's Borderlands 2 scoring very highly with the critics and GTA V development well under way.
Take-Two's chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick said, "Grand Theft Auto 5 is in full development and making substantial progress."
They do still have some big releases in the form of BioShock Infinite and NBA 2K13 due between now and the end of March 2013 and Max Payne 3 has picked up in sales due to some well placed discounts at retail. However GTA V is still not expected until April 2013 at the earliest pushing it out of this financial year.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year