GTA V is in full development says Take-Two
Take-Two's annual financials have been a bit disappointing for the most part except for the progress report on Grand Theft Auto V.
They have been hit the prolonged absence of Rockstar's seminal sandbox series with them chalking up a net loss of 107.7 million USD for the last financial year. They did note that LA Noire was the best-performing new IP of 2011 though.
Things are looking up for them however with 2K's Borderlands 2 scoring very highly with the critics and GTA V development well under way.
Take-Two's chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick said, "Grand Theft Auto 5 is in full development and making substantial progress."
They do still have some big releases in the form of BioShock Infinite and NBA 2K13 due between now and the end of March 2013 and Max Payne 3 has picked up in sales due to some well placed discounts at retail. However GTA V is still not expected until April 2013 at the earliest pushing it out of this financial year.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release