GTA V is in full development says Take-Two
Take-Two's annual financials have been a bit disappointing for the most part except for the progress report on Grand Theft Auto V.
They have been hit the prolonged absence of Rockstar's seminal sandbox series with them chalking up a net loss of 107.7 million USD for the last financial year. They did note that LA Noire was the best-performing new IP of 2011 though.
Things are looking up for them however with 2K's Borderlands 2 scoring very highly with the critics and GTA V development well under way.
Take-Two's chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick said, "Grand Theft Auto 5 is in full development and making substantial progress."
They do still have some big releases in the form of BioShock Infinite and NBA 2K13 due between now and the end of March 2013 and Max Payne 3 has picked up in sales due to some well placed discounts at retail. However GTA V is still not expected until April 2013 at the earliest pushing it out of this financial year.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch