GTA V is in full development says Take-Two
Take-Two's annual financials have been a bit disappointing for the most part except for the progress report on Grand Theft Auto V.
They have been hit the prolonged absence of Rockstar's seminal sandbox series with them chalking up a net loss of 107.7 million USD for the last financial year. They did note that LA Noire was the best-performing new IP of 2011 though.
Things are looking up for them however with 2K's Borderlands 2 scoring very highly with the critics and GTA V development well under way.
Take-Two's chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick said, "Grand Theft Auto 5 is in full development and making substantial progress."
They do still have some big releases in the form of BioShock Infinite and NBA 2K13 due between now and the end of March 2013 and Max Payne 3 has picked up in sales due to some well placed discounts at retail. However GTA V is still not expected until April 2013 at the earliest pushing it out of this financial year.
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer