Tetsuya Mitzuguchi steps back from games development
The well respected Japanese developer, Tetsuya Mitzuguchi has announced that he is stepping back from games development.
Mitzuguchi-san will be stepping down from his role as chief creative officer of Q Entertainment to take up a more ambassadorial role at the Lumines studio.
In his time at Q Entertainment he has created titles like Rez and, more recently the show stopping Child Of Eden as well as classic titles like SEGA Rally Championship and Space Channel 5.
Studio director, Nobuhiku Shimizu said, "Right now Mizuguchi does not produce the games. He's now more of a spokesperson. He's not developing stuff right now."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III