EA merges servers for Star Wars: The Old Republic
EA has revealed that they have merged some of the servers they have running for Star Wars: The Old Republic.
The merging of servers has allowed they to close down the quietest servers meaning that there will be more players around to share the experience with.
A move like this helps lay the groundwork for the switch from a subscription model to free-to-play that is due later in the autumn.
EA BioWare stated on the official SWTOR website, "By centralising our player populations on these higher population destination servers, we feel that we can offer our players the best possible Star Wars: The Old Republic experience."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today