EA merges servers for Star Wars: The Old Republic
EA has revealed that they have merged some of the servers they have running for Star Wars: The Old Republic.
The merging of servers has allowed they to close down the quietest servers meaning that there will be more players around to share the experience with.
A move like this helps lay the groundwork for the switch from a subscription model to free-to-play that is due later in the autumn.
EA BioWare stated on the official SWTOR website, "By centralising our player populations on these higher population destination servers, we feel that we can offer our players the best possible Star Wars: The Old Republic experience."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny