EA merges servers for Star Wars: The Old Republic
EA has revealed that they have merged some of the servers they have running for Star Wars: The Old Republic.
The merging of servers has allowed they to close down the quietest servers meaning that there will be more players around to share the experience with.
A move like this helps lay the groundwork for the switch from a subscription model to free-to-play that is due later in the autumn.
EA BioWare stated on the official SWTOR website, "By centralising our player populations on these higher population destination servers, we feel that we can offer our players the best possible Star Wars: The Old Republic experience."
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access