Sony unveils the new super-slim PS3
Sony has used their pre-Tokyo Games Show press conference to unveil and even smaller and slimmer PlayStation 3.
The new super-slim PS3 is coming in two flavours - one resplendent with a 500GB hard disc drive and a brand new budget model with 12GB of flash memory. In order to offer more storage options Sony will also be releasing a new 250GB HDD add-on for the 12GB model as well.
Each model is 20 percent and 25 percent smaller, respectively, than the original 60GB launch model which has been made possible by a radical redesign of the PS3's internal layout.
The 500GB super-slim will launch in the UK on September the 28th and the new 12GB model will be released on October the 12th.
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released