Sony unveils the new super-slim PS3
Sony has used their pre-Tokyo Games Show press conference to unveil and even smaller and slimmer PlayStation 3.
The new super-slim PS3 is coming in two flavours - one resplendent with a 500GB hard disc drive and a brand new budget model with 12GB of flash memory. In order to offer more storage options Sony will also be releasing a new 250GB HDD add-on for the 12GB model as well.
Each model is 20 percent and 25 percent smaller, respectively, than the original 60GB launch model which has been made possible by a radical redesign of the PS3's internal layout.
The 500GB super-slim will launch in the UK on September the 28th and the new 12GB model will be released on October the 12th.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release