Sony unveils the new super-slim PS3
Sony has used their pre-Tokyo Games Show press conference to unveil and even smaller and slimmer PlayStation 3.
The new super-slim PS3 is coming in two flavours - one resplendent with a 500GB hard disc drive and a brand new budget model with 12GB of flash memory. In order to offer more storage options Sony will also be releasing a new 250GB HDD add-on for the 12GB model as well.
Each model is 20 percent and 25 percent smaller, respectively, than the original 60GB launch model which has been made possible by a radical redesign of the PS3's internal layout.
The 500GB super-slim will launch in the UK on September the 28th and the new 12GB model will be released on October the 12th.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below