Sony unveils the new super-slim PS3
Sony has used their pre-Tokyo Games Show press conference to unveil and even smaller and slimmer PlayStation 3.
The new super-slim PS3 is coming in two flavours - one resplendent with a 500GB hard disc drive and a brand new budget model with 12GB of flash memory. In order to offer more storage options Sony will also be releasing a new 250GB HDD add-on for the 12GB model as well.
Each model is 20 percent and 25 percent smaller, respectively, than the original 60GB launch model which has been made possible by a radical redesign of the PS3's internal layout.
The 500GB super-slim will launch in the UK on September the 28th and the new 12GB model will be released on October the 12th.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching