Lionhead has something brand new in the pipeline
Lionhead is beginning to shake off the remaining influence of former boss and co-founder Peter Molyneux and is now working on something completely new.
With Fable: The Journey the final title that Molyneux as involved in due for release at the beginning of October Lionhead is keen to show that there is life after their mercurial founder's departure.
The new boss at Lionhead, Gary Carr revealed, "We always have a few teams kicking around, and a few small teams who branch off and do other things. You can't just pour everybody onto one idea that's just not going to [help you] evolve as a studio. So there are a number of things I can't talk about, as you would imagine. But we're a team rolling off a finished title now, and we're rolling onto something new and exciting which I can't tell you about."
What this means for their long running Fable series is unclear but it is hard to imagine that they will be ditching the series any time soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer