BioWare hints at a new Mass Effect project, Omega DLC coming soon
BioWare's Aaryn Flynn has revealed that the Mass Effect team are working to put together a new game in the series as well as more downloadable content for Mass Effect 3.
In a blog post explaining what lies ahead for BioWare now that co-founders Drs Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka are retiring, Flynn hinted at a brand new Mass Effect project being headed up by series executive producer Casey Hudson.
He also revealed that as well as having more multiplayer DLC they are finishing off the single player Omega DLC that will arrive later in the autumn. This will presumably see Shepard and team heading to Omega to battle the Cerberus forces that have seized control of the outpost from criminal boss Aria T'Loak.
Flynn wrote, "Executive Producer Casey Hudson and his team are coming off an amazing eight-year run with the Mass Effect trilogy. But they're not done yet. We are releasing more multiplayer content and we have more single-player stories coming throughout the next six months, including Omega which is coming in the Fall. But the Mass Effect universe is vast, and Casey and our teams have plans for another full game. 'Where to go next?' with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we'd all love to hear your ideas."
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC