BioWare founders, Drs Zeschuk and Muzyka to retire from game development
Doctors Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka have announced their retirement from game development after 17 years in charge of BioWare.
Since founding BioWare back in 1995 they have given the games industry a wealth of deep story driven adventures including Baldur's Gate, Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic and of course, the Mass Effect trilogy but now they feel it's time for a change.
Dr Ray Muzyka explained, "I've largely personally achieved what I wanted in video games." He plans to invest in and mentor entrepreneurs with projects that will affect social change. He added, "For me, getting involved in social impact investment stems from the simple hope of helping the world to be a better place."
For Greg Zeschuk beer features heavily in his immediate future. He will be making a web-based interview show called The Beer Diaries. "The main project I will be working on is a web-based interview show called The Beer Diaries where I interview notable brewers and showcase their beers, Zeschuk elaborates. "If things go well, I'll work on other beer-related shows, apps and projects. If not, I'll have drunk a lot of tasty beers and may be back in games or even something else completely different."
Whatever they are doing we wish they the best of luck and thank them for giving us some of the most engaging RPG experiences of the last 20 years.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto