BioWare founders, Drs Zeschuk and Muzyka to retire from game development
Doctors Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka have announced their retirement from game development after 17 years in charge of BioWare.
Since founding BioWare back in 1995 they have given the games industry a wealth of deep story driven adventures including Baldur's Gate, Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic and of course, the Mass Effect trilogy but now they feel it's time for a change.
Dr Ray Muzyka explained, "I've largely personally achieved what I wanted in video games." He plans to invest in and mentor entrepreneurs with projects that will affect social change. He added, "For me, getting involved in social impact investment stems from the simple hope of helping the world to be a better place."
For Greg Zeschuk beer features heavily in his immediate future. He will be making a web-based interview show called The Beer Diaries. "The main project I will be working on is a web-based interview show called The Beer Diaries where I interview notable brewers and showcase their beers, Zeschuk elaborates. "If things go well, I'll work on other beer-related shows, apps and projects. If not, I'll have drunk a lot of tasty beers and may be back in games or even something else completely different."
Whatever they are doing we wish they the best of luck and thank them for giving us some of the most engaging RPG experiences of the last 20 years.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One