EA slips first details of Dragon Age III: Inquisition
It's probably not the best kept secret. In fact, as a successful EA-owned IP Dragon Age III was as much of a certainty as the sun rising in the morning (unless you live in the Arctic Circle in winter that is).
It really came as no surprise then when EA BioWare's Mark Darrah confirmed that they are indeed working on more Dragon Age on the official Dragon Age blog.
Dragon Age III: Inquisition will be powered by a BioWare-modded version of DICE's Frostbite 2 engine and will cast players as an Inquisitor sent forth to save a land wracked by civil war and terrorised by hordes of demons spewing forth from an inter-dimensional portal.
"Recently, I said that we didn't want to talk about Dragon Age III unless we had something to show," Darrah explained. "I'm trying to stick to that plan and won't be revealing much today. That said, a lot of information and rumors have surfaced recently and we don't want to hide from them. There are a BUNCH of things that I really want to share with you but I want to do this right, and doing it right requires some more time."
He continued, "We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver a more expansive world, better visuals, more reactivity to player choices, and more customization. At PAX East, we talked about armour and followers. Yeah, that kind of customisation. We've started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this."
Dragon Age III is destined for release some time towards the end of 2013 and, given that it's powered by Frostbite 2 a next-gen release may very well be on the cards.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone