Microsoft setting up a tablet studio in London
Microsoft has revealed that they will be opening a new development studio in London.
The new London Studio will be lead by former Rare production director Lee Schuneman and will focus on entertainment software for Microsoft's new Windows 8-based tablet devices. Presumably given that Schuneman has been moved from Rare to head this studio gaming will be a major focus for the studio.
"I'm hugely excited by this new venture. Adding a fourth UK-based studio to the incredible roster of talent already in place across Rare Ltd, Soho Productions and Lionhead not only increases our in-region studio presence, but will allow Microsoft Studios to explore the many creative and business opportunities that developing new games and entertainment experiences on Windows 8 tablet devices and platforms will afford," enthused Schuneman.
Microsoft's first tablet device, the Surface, will launch alongside Windows 8 when it arrives on October the 26th.
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3