Microsoft setting up a tablet studio in London
Microsoft has revealed that they will be opening a new development studio in London.
The new London Studio will be lead by former Rare production director Lee Schuneman and will focus on entertainment software for Microsoft's new Windows 8-based tablet devices. Presumably given that Schuneman has been moved from Rare to head this studio gaming will be a major focus for the studio.
"I'm hugely excited by this new venture. Adding a fourth UK-based studio to the incredible roster of talent already in place across Rare Ltd, Soho Productions and Lionhead not only increases our in-region studio presence, but will allow Microsoft Studios to explore the many creative and business opportunities that developing new games and entertainment experiences on Windows 8 tablet devices and platforms will afford," enthused Schuneman.
Microsoft's first tablet device, the Surface, will launch alongside Windows 8 when it arrives on October the 26th.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May