Microsoft setting up a tablet studio in London
Microsoft has revealed that they will be opening a new development studio in London.
The new London Studio will be lead by former Rare production director Lee Schuneman and will focus on entertainment software for Microsoft's new Windows 8-based tablet devices. Presumably given that Schuneman has been moved from Rare to head this studio gaming will be a major focus for the studio.
"I'm hugely excited by this new venture. Adding a fourth UK-based studio to the incredible roster of talent already in place across Rare Ltd, Soho Productions and Lionhead not only increases our in-region studio presence, but will allow Microsoft Studios to explore the many creative and business opportunities that developing new games and entertainment experiences on Windows 8 tablet devices and platforms will afford," enthused Schuneman.
Microsoft's first tablet device, the Surface, will launch alongside Windows 8 when it arrives on October the 26th.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III