Microsoft setting up a tablet studio in London
Microsoft has revealed that they will be opening a new development studio in London.
The new London Studio will be lead by former Rare production director Lee Schuneman and will focus on entertainment software for Microsoft's new Windows 8-based tablet devices. Presumably given that Schuneman has been moved from Rare to head this studio gaming will be a major focus for the studio.
"I'm hugely excited by this new venture. Adding a fourth UK-based studio to the incredible roster of talent already in place across Rare Ltd, Soho Productions and Lionhead not only increases our in-region studio presence, but will allow Microsoft Studios to explore the many creative and business opportunities that developing new games and entertainment experiences on Windows 8 tablet devices and platforms will afford," enthused Schuneman.
Microsoft's first tablet device, the Surface, will launch alongside Windows 8 when it arrives on October the 26th.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year