Microsoft setting up a tablet studio in London
Microsoft has revealed that they will be opening a new development studio in London.
The new London Studio will be lead by former Rare production director Lee Schuneman and will focus on entertainment software for Microsoft's new Windows 8-based tablet devices. Presumably given that Schuneman has been moved from Rare to head this studio gaming will be a major focus for the studio.
"I'm hugely excited by this new venture. Adding a fourth UK-based studio to the incredible roster of talent already in place across Rare Ltd, Soho Productions and Lionhead not only increases our in-region studio presence, but will allow Microsoft Studios to explore the many creative and business opportunities that developing new games and entertainment experiences on Windows 8 tablet devices and platforms will afford," enthused Schuneman.
Microsoft's first tablet device, the Surface, will launch alongside Windows 8 when it arrives on October the 26th.
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC