Guild Wars 2 sells 2 million copies
ArenaNet has announced official sales figures for their eagerly anticipated MMO Guild Wars 2.
Since Guild Wars 2 arrived on August the 28th it has shifted two million copies worldwide and reaching the top of numerous multiformat charts across Europe.
President of ArenaNet, Mike O'Brien said, "Reactions from around the world justified the time and care we put into developing Guild Wars 2 and making it into the game it is today. And this is only the beginning. We're continually fine-tuning the game to deliver the polished experience that our players expect, and we're already working on new adventures and experiences to introduce into this truly dynamic online world."
In addition to this, during the weekend prior to the official launch those who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 got the chance to play the game early beginning Saturday the 25th of August. Over the weekend there were as many as 400,000 concurrent users playing Guild Wars 2.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3