Guild Wars 2 sells 2 million copies
ArenaNet has announced official sales figures for their eagerly anticipated MMO Guild Wars 2.
Since Guild Wars 2 arrived on August the 28th it has shifted two million copies worldwide and reaching the top of numerous multiformat charts across Europe.
President of ArenaNet, Mike O'Brien said, "Reactions from around the world justified the time and care we put into developing Guild Wars 2 and making it into the game it is today. And this is only the beginning. We're continually fine-tuning the game to deliver the polished experience that our players expect, and we're already working on new adventures and experiences to introduce into this truly dynamic online world."
In addition to this, during the weekend prior to the official launch those who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 got the chance to play the game early beginning Saturday the 25th of August. Over the weekend there were as many as 400,000 concurrent users playing Guild Wars 2.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side