Guild Wars 2 sells 2 million copies
ArenaNet has announced official sales figures for their eagerly anticipated MMO Guild Wars 2.
Since Guild Wars 2 arrived on August the 28th it has shifted two million copies worldwide and reaching the top of numerous multiformat charts across Europe.
President of ArenaNet, Mike O'Brien said, "Reactions from around the world justified the time and care we put into developing Guild Wars 2 and making it into the game it is today. And this is only the beginning. We're continually fine-tuning the game to deliver the polished experience that our players expect, and we're already working on new adventures and experiences to introduce into this truly dynamic online world."
In addition to this, during the weekend prior to the official launch those who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 got the chance to play the game early beginning Saturday the 25th of August. Over the weekend there were as many as 400,000 concurrent users playing Guild Wars 2.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer