Guild Wars 2 sells 2 million copies
ArenaNet has announced official sales figures for their eagerly anticipated MMO Guild Wars 2.
Since Guild Wars 2 arrived on August the 28th it has shifted two million copies worldwide and reaching the top of numerous multiformat charts across Europe.
President of ArenaNet, Mike O'Brien said, "Reactions from around the world justified the time and care we put into developing Guild Wars 2 and making it into the game it is today. And this is only the beginning. We're continually fine-tuning the game to deliver the polished experience that our players expect, and we're already working on new adventures and experiences to introduce into this truly dynamic online world."
In addition to this, during the weekend prior to the official launch those who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 got the chance to play the game early beginning Saturday the 25th of August. Over the weekend there were as many as 400,000 concurrent users playing Guild Wars 2.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title