Guild Wars 2 sells 2 million copies
ArenaNet has announced official sales figures for their eagerly anticipated MMO Guild Wars 2.
Since Guild Wars 2 arrived on August the 28th it has shifted two million copies worldwide and reaching the top of numerous multiformat charts across Europe.
President of ArenaNet, Mike O'Brien said, "Reactions from around the world justified the time and care we put into developing Guild Wars 2 and making it into the game it is today. And this is only the beginning. We're continually fine-tuning the game to deliver the polished experience that our players expect, and we're already working on new adventures and experiences to introduce into this truly dynamic online world."
In addition to this, during the weekend prior to the official launch those who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 got the chance to play the game early beginning Saturday the 25th of August. Over the weekend there were as many as 400,000 concurrent users playing Guild Wars 2.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year