It would be stupid not to bring DayZ to Xbox 360 says Bohemia Interactive
ARMA II developer Bohemia Interactive has admitted that they'd be daft not to bring the standalone version of the popular zombie mod DayZ to XBLA.
Already the ARMA II mod has been intensely popular seeing over a million players since it launched and now Bohemia has picked up DayZ to turn it into a standalone game. Now they believe that restricting DayZ to a PC-only release would be a bad idea.
Producer at Bohemia, Jan Kunt said, "Obviously DayZ, you've seen the success of Minecraft on Xbox Live Arcade [4m sales] and we'd probably be stupid not to try to do something similar. We've always wanted to make games for consoles as well. Obviously we're a PC developer and have been for some years, but consoles have a huge market and you don't have so many problems with piracy."
"So it's really interesting," he continued. "PC is what it is, and I personally think PC players will stay as PC players, but the console has more penetration into mainstream markets. People who wouldn't play games on PC, they buy an Xbox or PS3 as a medium to play games. So from that point of view it makes sense to go for consoles."
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free