It would be stupid not to bring DayZ to Xbox 360 says Bohemia Interactive
ARMA II developer Bohemia Interactive has admitted that they'd be daft not to bring the standalone version of the popular zombie mod DayZ to XBLA.
Already the ARMA II mod has been intensely popular seeing over a million players since it launched and now Bohemia has picked up DayZ to turn it into a standalone game. Now they believe that restricting DayZ to a PC-only release would be a bad idea.
Producer at Bohemia, Jan Kunt said, "Obviously DayZ, you've seen the success of Minecraft on Xbox Live Arcade [4m sales] and we'd probably be stupid not to try to do something similar. We've always wanted to make games for consoles as well. Obviously we're a PC developer and have been for some years, but consoles have a huge market and you don't have so many problems with piracy."
"So it's really interesting," he continued. "PC is what it is, and I personally think PC players will stay as PC players, but the console has more penetration into mainstream markets. People who wouldn't play games on PC, they buy an Xbox or PS3 as a medium to play games. So from that point of view it makes sense to go for consoles."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto