It would be stupid not to bring DayZ to Xbox 360 says Bohemia Interactive
ARMA II developer Bohemia Interactive has admitted that they'd be daft not to bring the standalone version of the popular zombie mod DayZ to XBLA.
Already the ARMA II mod has been intensely popular seeing over a million players since it launched and now Bohemia has picked up DayZ to turn it into a standalone game. Now they believe that restricting DayZ to a PC-only release would be a bad idea.
Producer at Bohemia, Jan Kunt said, "Obviously DayZ, you've seen the success of Minecraft on Xbox Live Arcade [4m sales] and we'd probably be stupid not to try to do something similar. We've always wanted to make games for consoles as well. Obviously we're a PC developer and have been for some years, but consoles have a huge market and you don't have so many problems with piracy."
"So it's really interesting," he continued. "PC is what it is, and I personally think PC players will stay as PC players, but the console has more penetration into mainstream markets. People who wouldn't play games on PC, they buy an Xbox or PS3 as a medium to play games. So from that point of view it makes sense to go for consoles."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III