It would be stupid not to bring DayZ to Xbox 360 says Bohemia Interactive
ARMA II developer Bohemia Interactive has admitted that they'd be daft not to bring the standalone version of the popular zombie mod DayZ to XBLA.
Already the ARMA II mod has been intensely popular seeing over a million players since it launched and now Bohemia has picked up DayZ to turn it into a standalone game. Now they believe that restricting DayZ to a PC-only release would be a bad idea.
Producer at Bohemia, Jan Kunt said, "Obviously DayZ, you've seen the success of Minecraft on Xbox Live Arcade [4m sales] and we'd probably be stupid not to try to do something similar. We've always wanted to make games for consoles as well. Obviously we're a PC developer and have been for some years, but consoles have a huge market and you don't have so many problems with piracy."
"So it's really interesting," he continued. "PC is what it is, and I personally think PC players will stay as PC players, but the console has more penetration into mainstream markets. People who wouldn't play games on PC, they buy an Xbox or PS3 as a medium to play games. So from that point of view it makes sense to go for consoles."
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan