Valve would fall apart before any buyout was completed
Gabe Newell, president of Half-Life and Steam developer Valve has been talking about the importance of the company retaining their independence.
Newell stressed that the more independent-minded staff members at the uniquely structured studio would leave before and potential purchase by a larger entity could be completed essentially seeing Valve disintegrate.
"It's way more likely we would head in that direction than say, 'Let's find some giant company that wants to cash us out and wait two or three years to have our employment agreements terminate,'" the Valve president added.
There have been rumours indicating that EA had made overtures to purchase for Valve for somewhere in the region of one billion USD.
Thanks New York Times.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too