Techland aiming high with the new downloadable Call Of Juarez
Dead Island developer Techland has been talking about the latest installment in their Ubisoft-published Western shooter series Call Of Duty.
The next title in the series Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger has been revealed as a download-only title with Techland wanting to use it to demonstrate the quality of their downloadable titles. Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger will feature a number of historically themed missions following Wild West figures like Billy The Kid and Pat Garrett.
"They are our long-time partner on this series. They've always been champions of the digital format, they've done some excellent games that I dont think other products would risk, like From Dust or I Am Alive. Those are all examples of how you can use the digital platform to show off a great game. We are happy to be part of the digital revolution that everyone is talking about, and we have high ambitions in terms of quality. We want the game to look outstanding, we want to push the quality of digital titles. We have a great story to tell and this is the format where we're going to do it," said Techland's Blazej Krakowiak.
He added, "There were reasons why we thought that might work, but there are also many reasons why it didn't turn out as we hoped. Most of the feedback that we got was 'go back to the Wild West' and that's what we're doing. And we're happy with that. We have some ideas for some great stories that weve wanted to tell since Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and we have a new protagonist, a new format. We can go places we couldnt when we were tied to previous storylines and characters."
Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger will be out next year on PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Marketplace and PC.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network