Techland aiming high with the new downloadable Call Of Juarez
Dead Island developer Techland has been talking about the latest installment in their Ubisoft-published Western shooter series Call Of Duty.
The next title in the series Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger has been revealed as a download-only title with Techland wanting to use it to demonstrate the quality of their downloadable titles. Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger will feature a number of historically themed missions following Wild West figures like Billy The Kid and Pat Garrett.
"They are our long-time partner on this series. They've always been champions of the digital format, they've done some excellent games that I dont think other products would risk, like From Dust or I Am Alive. Those are all examples of how you can use the digital platform to show off a great game. We are happy to be part of the digital revolution that everyone is talking about, and we have high ambitions in terms of quality. We want the game to look outstanding, we want to push the quality of digital titles. We have a great story to tell and this is the format where we're going to do it," said Techland's Blazej Krakowiak.
He added, "There were reasons why we thought that might work, but there are also many reasons why it didn't turn out as we hoped. Most of the feedback that we got was 'go back to the Wild West' and that's what we're doing. And we're happy with that. We have some ideas for some great stories that weve wanted to tell since Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and we have a new protagonist, a new format. We can go places we couldnt when we were tied to previous storylines and characters."
Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger will be out next year on PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Marketplace and PC.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release