Guild Wars 2 enjoys a spectacular reception
ArenaNet's long awaited MMO sequel, Guild Wars 2 has been ridiculously well-received since its launch last week.
In the ten days since its release Guild Wars 2 has had a bumper pre-launch weekend where over a million people played the game through the Headstart early access programme.
Guild Wars 2 has also topped the multiformat sales charts across Europe including the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands and Belgium.
President of ArenaNet Mike O'Brien said, "Our games have always been well-received in Europe, but this level of enthusiasm is both awesome and humbling. It also impresses upon us the responsibility we have to our players and explains why we've taken steps recently to constrain sales of Guild Wars 2 to ensure the highest quality of service. Of course, we hope to remedy this in the near future."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year