Guild Wars 2 enjoys a spectacular reception
ArenaNet's long awaited MMO sequel, Guild Wars 2 has been ridiculously well-received since its launch last week.
In the ten days since its release Guild Wars 2 has had a bumper pre-launch weekend where over a million people played the game through the Headstart early access programme.
Guild Wars 2 has also topped the multiformat sales charts across Europe including the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands and Belgium.
President of ArenaNet Mike O'Brien said, "Our games have always been well-received in Europe, but this level of enthusiasm is both awesome and humbling. It also impresses upon us the responsibility we have to our players and explains why we've taken steps recently to constrain sales of Guild Wars 2 to ensure the highest quality of service. Of course, we hope to remedy this in the near future."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III