Guild Wars 2 enjoys a spectacular reception
ArenaNet's long awaited MMO sequel, Guild Wars 2 has been ridiculously well-received since its launch last week.
In the ten days since its release Guild Wars 2 has had a bumper pre-launch weekend where over a million people played the game through the Headstart early access programme.
Guild Wars 2 has also topped the multiformat sales charts across Europe including the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands and Belgium.
President of ArenaNet Mike O'Brien said, "Our games have always been well-received in Europe, but this level of enthusiasm is both awesome and humbling. It also impresses upon us the responsibility we have to our players and explains why we've taken steps recently to constrain sales of Guild Wars 2 to ensure the highest quality of service. Of course, we hope to remedy this in the near future."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date