Guild Wars 2 enjoys a spectacular reception
ArenaNet's long awaited MMO sequel, Guild Wars 2 has been ridiculously well-received since its launch last week.
In the ten days since its release Guild Wars 2 has had a bumper pre-launch weekend where over a million people played the game through the Headstart early access programme.
Guild Wars 2 has also topped the multiformat sales charts across Europe including the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands and Belgium.
President of ArenaNet Mike O'Brien said, "Our games have always been well-received in Europe, but this level of enthusiasm is both awesome and humbling. It also impresses upon us the responsibility we have to our players and explains why we've taken steps recently to constrain sales of Guild Wars 2 to ensure the highest quality of service. Of course, we hope to remedy this in the near future."
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15