Ghost Recon Online on hold on the Wii U
Ubisoft has revealed that the proposed Wii U version of their free-to-play shooter Ghost Recon Online is on hold.
The game's producer Theo Sanders explained essentially that they underestimated the efforts required to continued to operate a popular online title and for now they require all their resources to focus on making sure the PC version can be as good as it can be.
Sanders stated, "As of right now, the entire Ghost Recon team is focused on the PC version only. The Wii U version is on hold.If in the future we have an opportunity to address it again, we'll make future announcements. But as of right now we're focused completely on the PC version."
"It's not a reaction to anything specific happening to [Wii U],"he contineud. "It was a really fun, cool platform to develop for. But you realise once you launch an online service that it's an all-consuming effort, so we really wanted to have all hands on deck. It was the same dev team working on both SKUs, and [we] really wanted to focus on doing the PC version right. I'm not really in a position to talk about the Wii U, but our particular choice for Ghost Recon Online was purely based on the fact that we had one dev team working on both SKUs and it was an all-consuming effort with the PC launch. It's tough launching an online game."
- Microsoft announces Games With Gold selection for September
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back