Ghost Recon Online on hold on the Wii U
Ubisoft has revealed that the proposed Wii U version of their free-to-play shooter Ghost Recon Online is on hold.
The game's producer Theo Sanders explained essentially that they underestimated the efforts required to continued to operate a popular online title and for now they require all their resources to focus on making sure the PC version can be as good as it can be.
Sanders stated, "As of right now, the entire Ghost Recon team is focused on the PC version only. The Wii U version is on hold.If in the future we have an opportunity to address it again, we'll make future announcements. But as of right now we're focused completely on the PC version."
"It's not a reaction to anything specific happening to [Wii U],"he contineud. "It was a really fun, cool platform to develop for. But you realise once you launch an online service that it's an all-consuming effort, so we really wanted to have all hands on deck. It was the same dev team working on both SKUs, and [we] really wanted to focus on doing the PC version right. I'm not really in a position to talk about the Wii U, but our particular choice for Ghost Recon Online was purely based on the fact that we had one dev team working on both SKUs and it was an all-consuming effort with the PC launch. It's tough launching an online game."
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful