Ghost Recon Online on hold on the Wii U
Ubisoft has revealed that the proposed Wii U version of their free-to-play shooter Ghost Recon Online is on hold.
The game's producer Theo Sanders explained essentially that they underestimated the efforts required to continued to operate a popular online title and for now they require all their resources to focus on making sure the PC version can be as good as it can be.
Sanders stated, "As of right now, the entire Ghost Recon team is focused on the PC version only. The Wii U version is on hold.If in the future we have an opportunity to address it again, we'll make future announcements. But as of right now we're focused completely on the PC version."
"It's not a reaction to anything specific happening to [Wii U],"he contineud. "It was a really fun, cool platform to develop for. But you realise once you launch an online service that it's an all-consuming effort, so we really wanted to have all hands on deck. It was the same dev team working on both SKUs, and [we] really wanted to focus on doing the PC version right. I'm not really in a position to talk about the Wii U, but our particular choice for Ghost Recon Online was purely based on the fact that we had one dev team working on both SKUs and it was an all-consuming effort with the PC launch. It's tough launching an online game."
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine