Ghost Recon Online on hold on the Wii U
Ubisoft has revealed that the proposed Wii U version of their free-to-play shooter Ghost Recon Online is on hold.
The game's producer Theo Sanders explained essentially that they underestimated the efforts required to continued to operate a popular online title and for now they require all their resources to focus on making sure the PC version can be as good as it can be.
Sanders stated, "As of right now, the entire Ghost Recon team is focused on the PC version only. The Wii U version is on hold.If in the future we have an opportunity to address it again, we'll make future announcements. But as of right now we're focused completely on the PC version."
"It's not a reaction to anything specific happening to [Wii U],"he contineud. "It was a really fun, cool platform to develop for. But you realise once you launch an online service that it's an all-consuming effort, so we really wanted to have all hands on deck. It was the same dev team working on both SKUs, and [we] really wanted to focus on doing the PC version right. I'm not really in a position to talk about the Wii U, but our particular choice for Ghost Recon Online was purely based on the fact that we had one dev team working on both SKUs and it was an all-consuming effort with the PC launch. It's tough launching an online game."
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer