Broken Sword Kickstarter reaches goal in under 2 weeks
Revolution Software's bid to fund the next Broken Sword game using Kickstarter has managed to reach its target.
Charles Cecil's studio were looking for 400,000 USD to fund the creation of Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse and they've managed to pass that target in just 13 days leaving them free now use any additional funds to add new features to the game.
Cecil enthused, "To reach our target in just 13 days is incredible. The generosity of fans and supporters, both in terms of money pledged and the passion that they have displayed on the forums, is absolutely overwhelming. I would like to thank each and every person who has taken the time and trouble to pledge their support and promise that the game we create will reward their faith."
"What's so exciting is that we've still got 16 days to go," he continued. "So we are in the fantastic position of being able to define 'stretch goals' which, if achieved, would allow us to realize our wildest ambitions. Stretch goals will include gameplay that had previously ended up on the cutting room floor, exotic new locations to explore, extra characters - some of which will be familiar - as well as a big surprise."
"Additionally, we are adding extra rewards to those originally defined. These include a free Android version to those who pledge over $25 and confirmation that we will voice in Spanish and Italian as well as English, German and French. We will be announcing more new rewards shortly," added the Broken Sword creator.
Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse will arrive on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android early in 2013.
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year