Broken Sword Kickstarter reaches goal in under 2 weeks
Revolution Software's bid to fund the next Broken Sword game using Kickstarter has managed to reach its target.
Charles Cecil's studio were looking for 400,000 USD to fund the creation of Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse and they've managed to pass that target in just 13 days leaving them free now use any additional funds to add new features to the game.
Cecil enthused, "To reach our target in just 13 days is incredible. The generosity of fans and supporters, both in terms of money pledged and the passion that they have displayed on the forums, is absolutely overwhelming. I would like to thank each and every person who has taken the time and trouble to pledge their support and promise that the game we create will reward their faith."
"What's so exciting is that we've still got 16 days to go," he continued. "So we are in the fantastic position of being able to define 'stretch goals' which, if achieved, would allow us to realize our wildest ambitions. Stretch goals will include gameplay that had previously ended up on the cutting room floor, exotic new locations to explore, extra characters - some of which will be familiar - as well as a big surprise."
"Additionally, we are adding extra rewards to those originally defined. These include a free Android version to those who pledge over $25 and confirmation that we will voice in Spanish and Italian as well as English, German and French. We will be announcing more new rewards shortly," added the Broken Sword creator.
Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse will arrive on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android early in 2013.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive